New job in the works....

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by teaysvalleyguy, Nov 14, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, I have tried to keep doing what I am doing because it pays well but really getting tire of alot it. I make good money most of the time but at times it can dip to nothing which really hurts if market slows.

Some weeks I can make an easy $800-$1000 and others I am lucky to make $100. I drive alot which puts wear and tear on the vehicle and of course I put out the money for gas.

I have not been given a raise in 3 years which I have been promised but I just let it slide because we need the money. With Madison I have to have a job.

A job has came up for a 3rd shift posistion for Hilton Hotels Loss Prevention. It pays OK starting out but guaranteed money with "special jobs" also available for extra money.

The wife also starts a new job next Monday 1st shift which works out great because my hours would be 11pm-7am and she goes in from 8:06am-4:12. So, we would not have to pay a daycare.

I could still do closings on the side if I wanted when I needed the cash but will now have medical and dental benefits which I have not had in 3 years. This is the main thing I am looking at for our familys sake. I have been lucky to have nothing major happen to myself or wife last few years.

Nothing is in stone yet but I need to make a decision soon, just hope for the best and we'll see how things work out. Say a prayer if ya dont mind, it will be appreciated.

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Positive thoughts and prayers from NC, Matt, that everything will work out for the best.....hi Mandy and Madison! :smile2:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Matt,

Thats great that you can do something like that. The only thing that I could say would be to keep looking till you find what you want. Im not in the job that I want but I really dont know what I want, but this pays well and Im home most nights and weekends.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya know me. Prayin ain't gonna do it. You gettin out and sellin yourself and the skills ya have will. It sounds to me like more of a decision makein process. Best to ya.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt, best of luck in your endeavors... you and yours will be in our thoughts...
    Those "special jobs" for Hilton Hotels Loss Prevention aren't in the "enforcer" type are they..?:lol: At any rate, all this will go in your resume for the job you really want...

~~~~~~~~~~
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't see the same horizon.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Prayers sent from ky.

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    TVG, I believe you're doing the right thing by trying to land a job with insurance and benefits. You have definately been blessed the last few years to not have any health issues and you've been able to spend alot of time with your family. I pray that a door will be opened for you and that you have peace about whatever decision you might have to make.

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks everyone.

The special jobs I am talking about are like when a group is in or famous people. It is a very upscale hotel.

You get your regular pay plus X amount of dollars for doing it.

I will keep yall posted, thanks for having me in your thoughts and prayers.

Big George, thanks for the PM and laugh. lol

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have to say a job with benefits outdoes by a landslide a job with no benefits.Go for it man,and hopefully they(the Job) will think as much of ya as we members of the BOC do! If they do you will get the job.Good luck brother!:big_smile:

10. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Good luck Brother. The benny's for your family's sake is very very important!!

11. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Best of luck to you and your family... Prayers are sent from texas...

12. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Matt, I've been in and out of Private investigation, private security, security management, loss prevention, and bail hunting. You ever need any tips on the field I'd be happy to help. Personally Ive decided its not for me, Im going back to college full time for Wildlife Management.

You seem like a super nice guy, wish I could give ya my job :lol:

13. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    all the best to you Tea,hope everything works out for the best for you and yours

14. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sayin a prayer here, Matt, for you and your family... for wisdom and God's guidance.

15. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    prayers will be sent up for ya brother I sure hope everything works out for . Just leave it in Gods hands and he will take care of you

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Got the call today that I got the job as long as everything checks out.

Got to go get the drug test tomorrrow and have to stay up late to study for it. LOL

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Just need tips on how to sleep during the day..........

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Gongrads on the job offer Tea. anytime you can get health benifits nowdays you'd better jump on it. As far as sleeping during the day get some heavy curtains put up so no light comes in and you shouldn't have any problem.Trick is getting the daughter to sleep when you do .Best of luck on your new adventure.And the Mrs on hers.GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!!

18. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    insurance means alot , if not for mabels insurance i would be forced to take a job that offers it . good luck in your new job assuming you take it i know you will make it work . if i can do what im doing no boubt you will succeed aswell .

19. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I work nights and heavy curtains are a must. Turn off your phone ringer and disconnect the door bell. Let you friends and family know that you are sleeping during the day. My wife, for about the first 5 years, thought it was ok to call me upwards of 12 times a day since I was at home until I started calling her at 12am and every hour after that. It takes some getting used to but it is easy to do that first month is a killer.

20. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    agreed. If you dont switch to nights properly, you will burn out like a match. I keep a room dark, cold, and locked. No elctronics/phones, no nothing but an alarm clock. Also, when you sleep during the day its easy to short yourself because you want to get up and do stuff while you can still see everybody. This is a no-no. get your 8 hrs !