New Jersey channel catfish on the Maurice River

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by BIG GEORGE, Aug 19, 2006.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Went out on the Maurice river today with Tom (CopyCat). I've only fished this river a few times but its Tom's home field. Had a great day. Tom worked real hard with gettin us on fish. He knows the river and was very proficient at targetting his spots. He's a big fan of electronics and knows how to use em. We worked structure at various depths points and bends on both tides. The man knows how to fish a tidal river! Most of our fish were caught in the 20 to 30 foot range today usein a carolina rig with a float on the leader. Todays baits of choice for the cats was croaker (fish) guts, cut eel and good old chicken liver uncured. We landed well over 30 fish today with the biggest bein 8 pounds. Tom actually caught 6 fish on the same piece of cut eel. Slopped the boat up really good! LOL! Attached are a few pics to bore ya!
    THANX TOM!

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats Big George and Tom.Sounds like you all had a good time and caught some nice fish.Thanks for sharing the pics and story with us!!!

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Congratulations on the good day! Them's some good lookin' pics too. Well...the third one might need to see the photoshop...but we won't hold it against ya. LMAO. Sounds to me like copycat might need some rep. Good post, bud.

-Red

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the pics, Big George. They don't bore me, they make me green with envy... Nice fish you two...:big_smile:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    You can't expect people to look eye to eye with you if you are looking down on them.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a fine day on the water to me!

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    congrats, big george! i am glad to see that you all had a good time. thanks for sharing and nice pics.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It was my pleasure George! This trip would not have ever happened If it wasn't for the BOC. Big "G" and me live about 15 miles from each other but did not know each other till we met here. A lot of the catfishing techniques used on this trip I learned from George and other members of the BOC. If you see someone here on the BOC that lives close to you then get to know them, go fishing with them!

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Man! This thread died a violent death! LOL!

That is my retirement home in the background of the third pic! LOL!

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey George Im glad someone caught fish yesterday. Me and a friend fished the easton area of the delaware yesterday and Had 1 hook up in 8 hrs. At 11 pm I found myself catching sunfish with small pieces of chivers. It was that bad. LOL And before I leave I got to get on a boat with you or Tom. Hope ya got room. LOL

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey now, thats pristine water front property George! LOL:lol:

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Sounds like you all had a good day Big George. When is the fish fry, LOL?

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks big George For Sharing the pictures and the Story of the days fishing trip with us. It shure is Neat how You and Copycat met right here on the BOC, GREAT!!!. In the number three picture it looks to Me as if You came real close to slimming that beard up sir with that Channelcat! LOL. Your Friend and BOC Brother From Iowa. J.D.Straka :big_smile:

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on a fine catch a good day on the water.