new info for calif and so calif

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by godsglad8tor, Dec 27, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i have a friend who does his community service at glen helen, so he talks to the rangers alot. and he came upon some information that sucks from one of the rangers. as of janurary 1st, there will be no nightfishing allowed at silverwood. they will be closing the gate to the dam when the state park closes. any violators will be ticketed and so on. and i know what your thinking, they still have that dirt road to the left as you come up on the parking lot right? which by the way you need an adventure pass. and you guessed it they will be locking that gate as well when the park closes. so use your best judgement when going from now on. tickets are not cheap, up to 300 for your first offense.

also i heard the fishing lic and 2nd pole went up according to another friend i think it was 45 for the lic and the 2nd pole is 16. again i have a friend who owns a local bait shop. he is very knowlegeble about new dfg regulations, pm me if you want his information.

i havent been fishing since oct, it just got to dam cold for me, hope you guys had a good holiday and i wish you a happy and safe new year. god bless

Mikey

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Mikey, Thanks for the infor on Silverwood.....Bummer about the closing the gate.... lots of locals will be pissed....

About the second pole stamp.... got mine, and it is $12.10, ocean enhancement (salt) is $4.45 and the Delta stamp is $6.05, with the Colorado River stamp remaining the same at $3.00..... All this (cents stuff)... makes no sence, but that is what California is all about....

What do you expect with a Republican governator who sleeps with a Democrat.

Bayrunner Ray

3. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    Thanks for the info. Yeah I am gettin close to buying the lifetime license and I wont have to deal with all of these price hikes..

Taz

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Big Taz.... you can get the "life time license', but the stamps are extra, I think, and you may have to get the Ocean part with extra $$ Maybe I'm mistaken.... but I'm old enough ?64? and I dont thinks its a bargan..."should be free" especially if you are a " native" and have papers to prove it.

bayrunner ray

5. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Anyone can buy a lifetime license. The only bargain is for a kid under 10 years old.

Lifetime Licenses with no stamps:
    0-9 $432.50
    10-39 $710.75
    40-61 $639.75
    62+ $432.50

Lifetime Fishing Privilege Package- $290.50 Lifetime licensees who purchase the Lifetime Fishing Privilege Package receive a Bay-Delta Sport Fishing Enhancement Stamp, a Second-Rod Stamp, an Ocean Enhancement Stamp, a Sport Salmon Punch Card and a Steelhead Report Card.