New Idea for bait!!!

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by kkyyoottee, Sep 4, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Has anyone seen those little bass air freshners? I mean they look like a miniature gill or bass!!! Im thinking of gutting him with a slit and poking a big ol chicken liver in his stomach and putting a 4/0 circle thru his eyes and chunking him out in a deep ol hole and see what happens. Anyone have any ideas? This thing looks more realistic than any lure I have seen at cabelas or bass pro. My wife thinks Im crazy!!

2. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hmmmm, air freshener+chicken liver= Flathead. :0a28:
    That just might be crazy enough to work.:eek:oooh:

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Lol you are crazy. :smile2:

4. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Crazy isn't the word!! If he thinks he is cutting up my air freshener, he has another think coming, hehehe. Not happening. :angry:

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Ive got one thats a blue dolphin. Thinking if I add a couple treble hooks it would make for a cheap crank bait..??..:006:

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i am not going to say it wont work. there have been alot of things that shouldnt have worked but did. like ivory soap, tacos, beef jerky, bacon, etc. i will try anything once. i think that you may have better luck putting anchovies in it rather than chicken liver. just my personal opinion though. good luck.

7. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    There are times when bait hard to come by that I might have tryed that lol I think it would work better then that dryed out shad that they sell in Wal-mart.

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    amen to being better than the dried out walmart shad. i dont know how those guys can sell that stuff. in fact i dont think i have ever seen anyone buy it. lol

9. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i got some of them let me know if it works, sounds like gar bait:smile2::smile2:

10. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Have you been in Cabelas or Bass pro lately? Holy crap I think half of crap in their is crazy but they sell it!!! Hee HEE!! Now when I come rich and famous I will send you one no charge!!! I just now have to convince my better half to gut this thing and stuff it with chicken liver!!!

11. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have been to Bass Pros Shops once a few years back. I did remember all the crazy lures, jigs and baits. There is a Cabelas about two away but never been there. Well if it works send one my way......:roll_eyes:

12. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I will bet that if the air freshener stinks, it will catch a cat.:smile2:

13. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I will bet that if the air freshener stinks, it will catch a cat.:smile2:

Isnt that an oxymoron? Stinky Air Freshener:smile2:

14. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

I ONCE CAUGHT A 5LB LARGE MOUTH WHEN I WAS A KID WHILE HAVING A CASTING CONTEST WITH A FRIEND THE FISH WAS CAUGHT ON A CARTOON SHAPED BLUE WHALE BAH TUB TOY, PUT A 2/0 RUBBER WORM HOOK THROUGH A IMPERFECTION IN A SEAM IN THE TALE OF THE WHALE, I WAS ONLY 5 YEARS OLD MY DAD WAS GOING TO MOUNT THE FISH BECAUSE OF THE STOREY AND I WAS SO PROUD, BUT MY BLACK LAB THOUGHT IT LOOKED PRETTY TASTY SITTING IN THAT BUCKETT RIGHT BEFORE MY DAD TOOK IT TO THE TAXIDERMIST.:tounge_out:

15. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Sometimes fish will bite on anything. I have caught bass using a hook through a cigarette butt. I have caught catish on a variety of weird baits like bubble gum, hot dogs, fried chicken and other things. When I was a kid we would try anything if the fish were not biting.:eek:oooh:

16. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    im with colten on this one too..i caught a 1 or 2 lb cat a few years ago on a cig. butt dipped in stink bait..ive tried alot of strange stuff when nuttins bitin..but..the air freshener now...have fun..at least its a good story if you catch anything on it!