New Humminbird 917c

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, Feb 16, 2008.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Woo Hoo!!!!

My beautiful future bride just asked me if I would rather have a fancy wedding ring or a new fishfinder. My answer was quick and easy!!!

I told her I would get much more satisfaction and use out of a new fishfinder. She then told me to find one that I wanted, so I did! I decided to go with the Humminbird 917c! I was able to get a really good deal on one too!!!!!

I told her I would still purchase a wedding band that I would wear on special occassions. Those of you that know what I do to pay the bills know that I won't wear a ring.

Isn't she great?!!! Yes Harold, she is a keeper!! :smile2::smile2: I think I'll keep her around for a while, or 60 years or so!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

She still told me to go order the Pro Cat 240 but I told her I'd rather make a mortgage payment than a boat payment! Maybe one of these days I can make it happen.

Well Ryan! I got that new fishfinder/graph so either boat will do for the tournament!! Can't wait!!!

Thank You MRS RIVER-RAT!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Great news, Bill! Sounds more and more like you got a great girl there. Hope you enjoy the new sonar, I love Humminbirds. Just checked out the 917 on the 'bird site and it looks AWESOME. Enjoy!!

Branden

3. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Mate!!!!!
    A tip of the hat to a keeper like that. Take good care of that one. Many Catmen out there that have to battle for thier gear with the MRS>
    Congrats.

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey congrats Bill. got 2 questions. How many watts and is that a side finder???/ And do you think she would buy me one???? I know, thats 3 questions

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congratulations Bill, that is good news. I was just over helping Gary and Cuz put Grumps new fish finder on (and by help I mean holding the wires and watching). Just let me know if you need that kind of assistance with yours and I am there. You definately have a keeper buddy, I know what you mean about the 240, I would love to have it but it will have to wait.

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats Bill.. You've got it made in the shade buddy..

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats Bill! Now get her out on the water and show just what it is for! Keep us well informed on all the goodies you get now so we don't have to worry about them wedding gifts later :wink: Would just hate getting ya something you already have :smile2:

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    This is what I got Bob, The side imaging unit was just under $2k, I just couldn't justify that. I did get a smokin' deal on this one though so I decided to jump on it!

Networkable fishing system with GPS chartplotting
    Brilliant, 7" sunlight viewable color display with 480 x 800 resolution
    DualBeam Plus sonar delivers wide coverage and better bottom definition
    4000 Watts Peak-to-Peak, 500 watts RMS power output, 1500 ft depth
    Built-in UniMap of the USA coastline, inland lakes and rivers to 30 meters per pixel resolution
    Tidal graphs and port services information available with optional Navionics Charts
    Sonar/chart recording to SD card (not included) and on-screen playback
    Dual microprocessors and dual channel sonar transmitter/receiver deliver fast, smooth operation
    Programmable view presets access important screens with one touch
    Plug & play compatibility with InterLink network connection, CannonLink Downrigger Control, WeatherSense Barometric Pressure and Wireless Sonar Link Fishing System Modules
    Gimbal mount (included) or In-dash mount (optional accessory purchase required)
    Fishing System Network Capabilities: InterLink, CannonLink, Wireless Sonar Link, WeatherSense Barometric Pressure and PC Connection Kit
    Display Size: 7" Diagonal
    Display Matrix: 480 x 800
    Display Type: Color TFT, Sunlight Viewable
    Power Output (RMS): 500 Watts
    Power Output (Peak to Peak): 4000 Watts
    Operating Frequency: 83/200kHz
    Sonar Coverage: (200kHz) 20° @ -10db, (83kHz) 60° @ -10db
    Depth Capability: 1500 ft w/ Standard Transducer
    Target Separation: 2 1/2 Inches
    Temperature: Included in Transducer
    Speed: GPS Speed Included
    Power Input: 10-20 VDC
    Standard Transducer: DualBeam PLUS - XNT 9 20 T
    Transducer Mounting: Transom Mount Standard - Transducer Exchange outlines other options
    Unit Mounting: Gimbal or In-Dash
    Unit Size (Gimbal Mount): 11 1/4" W x 6 3/4" H x 4 1/4" D
    Unit Size (In-Dash Mount): 10 3/4" W x 6" H x 1 3/8" D; Required minimum 3" behind dash clearance
    Communication: NMEA O183 Data Output, Fishing System Network
    GPS Receiver: External 16 Channel GPS/WAAS Receiver
    Waypoints, Routes, & Tracks: 3000 Waypoints, 50 Routes, 50 Tracks with 20,000 points Each
    Cartography: Built-in UniMap to 30 meter resolution or Optional Navionics Gold or HotMaps Premium on SD Card (not included)

9. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey River Rat is stlcatman your partner for the tournament ?

Man I hope he is not, did you happen to see his signature below his post ? Wow that just ain't right my friend !! He needs some help you know if he gets in that boat with them sticky hands and get cream filling all over that new fish finder, OMG that's not good at all..

Congratulations on the new fish finder buddy I think you will enjoy it a lot.

D/H:cool2:

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Way to go. Let me know how it does. I am thinking about ordering one for the front of my boat. And tie it in with the 987c-SI that way when I mark a way point on the SI its on the 917c the same time.
    Pete

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Thanks DH!!

I don't mind the cream filling at all. Hell, you met me! You can tell I like cream filling!!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Here is a picture of what I got. Sorry I can't help it, I'm excited!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Well when it warms up we will have to go out and see if you can find me some fish.

Tell ya what I will catch all the fish and you can sit in the boat and play with your new toy all day.

14. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    You'd better hurry. Cause when it warms up, I can't imagine that new toy being new too long!! As often as Bill seemed to get out on the water last year.

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Right!......

I was on the river quite a bit last year and plan on spending alot of time out there this year as well. I also replaced my aerator pump on the boat with a brand new 800 gph pump!

16. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Bill that is awsome, that unit is going to help big time when looking for the kittens. Man that is a good woman you have there.

D/H.....buddy you are not right at all, I thought we had a truce. I thought we were even, then I look on my last post and I have a frog throwing a fit over some twinkies. That is just wrong, (funny) but wrong. I owe you one my twinkie loving friend, and it's coming.

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Hey Ryan, did you get your unit installed yet?

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Not yet Dan but it should be installed by thursday.

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey RAT, that there sure is a nice unit. Your fiance' sounds like a keeper. I've seen your old unit and by golly you sure can use an upgrade and it looks like you got it.:smile2:

I'm sure she has a whole lot more going for her than just letting you have a new depthfinder.

Congrats on BOTH of your 'purchases'.:wink:

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey Ryan, how did it go installing Grumps graph today? Is it up and running? Is that wittle feller goin' to show up next Saturday, or has he come up with another excuse? :smile2::smile2: