Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to Houston Sunday night and spent a full day testing Monday. Went to my thoracic oncologist Tuesday and got both good and bad news. Good news is that the last radiation shrunk the tumors in my chest significantly. Bad news is the cancer is now in my liver in 2 spots. I also havve another small spot on my brain, totalling 2 now. One of the tumors at the base of my skull is pinching a nerve to my chin and lower lip. It feels just like I left the dentist office. Just plumb numb. Went to my radiation oncologist Wednesday and she set my up radiation treatment on my brain which I started Thursday. I take them 5 days a week with weekends off. Once I finish the radiation, they will start me on an new chemo regimen for the liver cancer. But, the bright spot of the whole picture is that Scott will be coming home from California. He told his boss to send in a replacement. He will be here the 27th.
I still need your prayers. I am not giving up on life and I am not gonna lay down to this demon disease. I am still walking in Faith.

Peace and Love to you all
Phyl

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Prayers sent to you and Scott through this. Keep your faith. God will see us through all things. Your faith and strength is an insperation to all of us.

Tom And Judy.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Got to Houston Sunday night and spent a full day testing Monday. Went to my thoracic oncologist Tuesday and got both good and bad news. Good news is that the last radiation shrunk the tumors in my chest significantly. Bad news is the cancer is now in my liver in 2 spots. I also havve another small spot on my brain, totalling 2 now. One of the tumors at the base of my skull is pinching a nerve to my chin and lower lip. It feels just like I left the dentist office. Just plumb numb. Went to my radiation oncologist Wednesday and she set my up radiation treatment on my brain which I started Thursday. I take them 5 days a week with weekends off. Once I finish the radiation, they will start me on an new chemo regimen for the liver cancer. But, the bright spot of the whole picture is that Scott will be coming home from California. He told his boss to send in a replacement. He will be here the 27th.
I still need your prayers. I am not giving up on life and I am not gonna lay down to this demon disease. I am still walking in Faith.

Peace and Love to you all
Phyl
Phyllis keep trusting in God. Prayers sent from So. Illinois.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
There can be no tougher times than the two of you are going through. I am glad to hear Scott is able to get a break from work to come back home and see you. I wish you Okies the best of luck and hope you do not forget your gateway friends. We never had a chance to spend alot of time together but I want to assure both of you that you are welcome at this house if you make it back to the hood. Best wishes.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated Mrs Okie. Its good news to hear Scott is able to come be with you for a nice spell. Keep up the great attitude and keep on keepin on. Were all prayin for ya!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.