New House for my family

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tallbump, Jul 4, 2007.

1. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    We just found out last night that my family we selected as one of the 4 families this year to be selected to get a house through Habitat for Humanity. We are so excited.
    So, in a bout 2 years and 3000 hours of "sweat equity", we will be in a brand new house.
    The house will only cost us about $54,000 and there will be no interest on our mortgage. We will instantly have about $30,00 in equity when w move in since the house is worth much more than what they are able to build it for. And, our mortgage payments will only be bout $350 per month including tax and insurance.
    Anyways, we are very excited and I just had to share.
    If anyone would like more info on Habitat for Humanity, I would be happy to give more info, but I don't want to make this post too long.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brian,

Now that's a great reason to cheer... and to sweat !:smile2: Congratulations to your family
    and blessings on your new home!
    My involvement with Habitat's work was a great experience and I'd love to do it again, if they get something goin in our area. That was the most enjoyable... and rewarding... painting I've ever done.
    Wish we lived closer!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congrats Brian, I feel the Habitat for humanity program it super.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thats great news Brian!!!!

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations on the new house!

6. Tala

Tala Guest

Wow! That is awesome news. Congrats on getting a new home. I've heard alot about this program. Across the river from us, in Indiana, they are building several houses, for tornado victims. I've seen the progress they've done, on TV. They have many volunteers working long hours.... and the finished homes are extremely nice. Your family is truly blessed with this opportunity. I'm excited for you!

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    that is great news, a new house is a wonderful thing

8. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Thats Great Brian, that is a great program

9. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    it looks like a great thing is happening for you and your family, congrats

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congratulations, Brian!

Hospice wins top honors from me as the most amazing and noteworthy charity, but Habitat for Humanity is an outstanding organization too. Your situation is living proof of that!

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Alot of Habitat for Humanity homeowners wind up getting scammed so be on the watch.
    Its not Habitat scamming them, its predators.
    There is no better loan then a no interest Habitat loan so dont let anyone convince you to do anything with your instant equity.
    Many have and found themselves in variable rate loans and losing a house.
    When you have 400 dollars to your name and a guy over here is promising you the world with a new loan including putting 15,000 cash in your pocket in the process, its easy to make an unrepairable mistake.

This has been a real problem.
    Keep your wits and you'll be fine. Congratulations. Home ownership does open up new doors mainly because of improved self esteem gained through living the "American Dream".

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A new Home! I can feel the excitement in your post! Thanks for sharing wonderful news! May you be Blessed!:big_smile:

13. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yes, my family has certainly been blessed with a tremendous gift. We just paid off all of our debt with income tax (except student loans) and are really trying to give our family a solid future. Family is first for us. We went through homeowner / credit counseling and determined the only houses we would be able to afford on our own would be serious fixer uppers or in very poor neighborhoods, so this is certainly a big step up for us. Not that I would mind a fixer upper by any means, but I wouldn't have the $ for the fixing.
    We will certainly be aware of the predatory lenders, but I can see how people can fall for that.
    Thanks all for the great words of support!!:wink:

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's fantastic, brother. Great news!

15. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Congrats BRO! that is great news!!!! I hope you have all the happiest time in your new home!!!!!

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats and good luck with the new home.