new hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by kscathunter, Dec 31, 2007.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    never heard of those myself but id like to know how they work out if you get them and try them out.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    VMC Hooks are a good sharp hook. This hook is improved with a wider gap. Its a circle hook. Therefore you wait for the fish to take and set the hook.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I sure don't mind the price of them for sure. Not too shabby at all if you ask me. Wonder how well they perform. I have some eagle claw lazer sharps that I been using... they aren't bad for their money in my opinion, but I hate when I don't hook a fish when it was a hard bolt. Makes me think the hooks are crappy... or the fish was just bloody lucky.

5. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Looks like a circle hook with a tab bit wider gap. For the price I would say their worth a try.There's only one way to find out.:cool2:

J

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    If you decide to order some let us know how you like them. Also when you get them compare them size wise to an 8/0 gama and see if like a 9/0 is bigger or smaller than the 8/0 gama. I've been using and trying out the 10/0 owners and like them so far but it would be nice to find a less pricey hook for fishing outside of tournaments.

7. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you are wanting to try a circle hook with a wider gap try Eagle Claw L2022. I used them last year and they did a super job. I bought the 10/0 and had great success with them on the river. You can buy them else where but they are quite a bit more expensive than this place.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea thats what i was wondering how they compaired size and gap wise to the 8/0 gammas maybe i can make it to bass pro soon and hope they have some.