New hook style question?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by ShilohRed, May 4, 2009.

New hook question

1. Hook like a 10/0 king Kahle with an offset point and up turned eye?

2. 10/0 hook made like a king kahle with up turned eye?

3. Would not use this kind of hook

4. Yes I would buy this hook

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I may be able to get a hook made up.
    I keep hearing people talking about they love a King kahle hook, But would like to see it with an upturned eye and a offset point.
    How many would buy this hook? I was talking to the hook company today, the owner told me he could make it. But I have to buy up around 5000 of these. so it would depend on how many people would pre buy them? As thats a big hi to take on one hook. Will be getting a price on them within the next few weeks. Hes going to be talking with the hook maker to get me a price and other info. Just getting a feel on this hook. If it works out great, if not I will just drop the order. But will have to get good feed back on them before I go that far in on a single hook.
    Also these will be hand forged not machine made. That means a stronger hook over a wire form made hook.
    Pete

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    When I was using Kahles, I was bending my eye and offsetting when I'd make my leader up. I know a lot of others that have done it this way also. Really don't know what to tell ya far as going for it, if it would be worth your time and investment.

Just an observation of what some guys might already be doing that might impact sales one way or the other. Tough call either way.

3. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    This sounds like a great idea. I also have been offsetting the hook point on all of my hooks, King Khale or Gamakatsu Octopus. I don't really know if I would like the turned eye, but this is just me.

When you get more info let us know and I may be interested in pre-ordering for a trial batch.

4. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Sounds interesting to me. Let me know when you get more info,please.

5. Cliffcat

Cliffcat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like the King Kahles just the way they are. Even for snelling, I do not like the up-turned eye. I get an even better hook up percentage with the slight "curved in" effect when snelling on a hook without the up-turned (or down-turned eye).

Ralph

6. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I use King Kahles, I offset the hook myself and turn the eye, would be nice if they were made that way ....

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Pete, truthfully I havent fished with a kahle. I'm a J-hook guy converted to a circle hook guy. LOL. But I have been thinking about adding some to my bag for those times when the fish arent hitting hard, when the bite is light.

I snell my hooks so a canted eye would be great, and I have had alot of luck using an offset hook point.

If you get some King Kahle style hooks in 8/0 to 10/0 built like this, I will give em a try.

8. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    me to pls

9. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I'd be interested as well.

10. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'd buy some from you just to give them a try. It sounds like a good idea.

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks guys I'm still working on it. But man around 30 votes on this poll. So not looking like theres many people that are looking for a different hook.
    Pete

12. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    id back you 100 percent, but i voted wrong, i think its a good idea exept the eye i dont get that part i can snell any eye i dont think it affects the hook up, but i like the offset thing you come up with

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Talked with the hook maker again today. Hes going to get me some made up to test. So if everything goes well with them. We may be looking at having them in stock this fall. Will take a few months to get the molds and stuff made up.
    Pete

14. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hi Pete,

I just found this thread, but yes, I am interested in them, so put me down, when you get them in,

cliff

15. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    id like the idea but the cost, im poor, but im all for it

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have no ideal on price yet. Until I get the Hooks I have worked over to the factory. Then they get the jigs made up figure cost of making the hooks. Shipping back across the big Pond to us. I have no ideal what they will cost.
    But after I get some samples and a price. I will post what its going to cost per unit.
    Pete

17. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    If you get them made I'll buy some also.

18. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Any new info about the hooks?

I'm running low and trying to hold out for these.

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Gregg its looking like it may be next spring on these. The manufacture has to get the hook molds built, then get the test hooks made up.
    I hope they can get something going before then. As I talked to the guy yesterday. But not looking like were getting any closer.
    Pete