Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this livewell today, it is a 60 or 70 gallon truck toolbox..A delta Paker60 to be exact..Rigged a spraybar up in there, and will be using it to win tournies this year..LOL...It is nothing too fancy or spectacular, but I think it will definantly keep some good fish alive..
The spray bar is made from half inch PVC pipe..It is 45 inches long, with 3 little holes drilled in it to maintain a constant spray. I used a 500 gph atwood bilge pump to circulate the water..I had plans of also putting 2 12 inch airstones in the livewell and using a power bubbles 12 volt double hosed aerator,but for some reason I am only getting bubbles from one side of the aerator, so think a piston in it is shot or something..Once I purchase a new areator, I will also be installing the airstones... Here are a few pics of what i have right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
How much water will that hold? Are you planning on covering that black box with some kind of reflective material to keep it from getting too hot. I know the color black really attracts heat.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey Matt. I made a livewell simular to that. But I didn't use a spray bar. Do you think that would be better than just letting the water spray from the hose?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Matt. I made a livewell simular to that. But I didn't use a spray bar. Do you think that would be better than just letting the water spray from the hose?

I never really thought about that Danny, only reason I made a spray bar is cause most of the livewells I have seen do have the spray bar, and so does th built in 30 gallon tank I have in my boat...But just letting the water spray in from the hose would probably work too I would assume.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much water will that hold? Are you planning on covering that black box with some kind of reflective material to keep it from getting too hot. I know the color black really attracts heat.
All the way full the tank would be 70 gallons I think, so i would say once i fill it, it will be about 55 gallons..the thing i like about it is that it is a rectangular shape..its 50 inches long, 22 inches tall, and 22 inches wide...And I didnt think much of a reflective material on it, i dont fish any daytime tournies when its realy hot outside..Most of the tournys i fish are at night, except early in the year, and late in the year...But I can always make changes to it if i need to:big_smile:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh another thing Danny, if what you made keeps your fish in good shape, I wouldnt change it...If there healthy, and alive and swim off after the weigh in, then you did it right:big_smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.