new holes

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, Jun 26, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i learn alot, since ive been off for a few days, i found this dam, and in 20 minets i caght 3 in the 8 pound rang.or ten, ponders, they all hit hard, and i found my favernt flathead hook, gamma 9, oct,js, they hooked up better than a king or a circal hook, so js will be what i use also i learn flatheads dont have rules they bite differant all the time, but they hit it hard in this also it was in, whitewater all on bluegill crayfish, i lost 3 in snags, and lost alot of powerpro,its funny, my 50 pounder was eaysy in the lake than the tens in the undertoe,my bro got a 15 that looked like a 25,all in 2 days, seen guys pulling em out left and right,most in the ten 15 range. i love the octos js

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad ya like the octos I use em to. Sounds like ya found agood spot for jig bouncen get ya some saltwater style heavy jigs 1/2 tp 3/4 and try bouncen a live shad or nose hooked gill might be less hang ups and mors savage strikes.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thees are the ones we got lucky to get in, all in a few hours time, we lost alot more in the rebar, but they like that its cover right by a dam, i got 3 in the 8 pound range maby ten, the big one my bro pulled in, 15 on the dot

Attached Files:

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got another one, but got rained out, i gut hooked him, gave him to my veitnames freind, ,he loves them, i never let a 20 or over be killed cpr on them, but i give theses to him

Attached Files:

5. joe stone

joe stone New Member

State:
    illinois
    slikk03 what body of water do you normally fish at and are you from the springfield illinois area i have been looking for flatheads and cant seem to find them anywhere ive fished the sangamon river dams and lake dams havent caught one.