New Here, What a GREAT SITE!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by BoxxerBoyDrew, May 30, 2007.

1. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Hey Everyone!

I found this site while looking for a Stick Steering idea I have for my 85 Bass Tracker I am rebuilding. I have looked around and there is a lot of GREAT INFO HERE!! I am glad to see some local Central Texans here too! I fish the Brazos/Bosque River and Lake Waco quite a bit! I havn't really found the great spots as of yet, but we still catch some fish though! My main fishing partner is my 12yo Son, Andrew. He is into fishing BIGTIME!! He already has a 47# Blue Cat under his belt, and is looking to top that! He caught the big Blue on a Guided Trophy Catfish Trip that he had asked for as his Birthday and Christmas Present. I found a guide and we wound up fishing on Ceder Creek Lake this past December. He wound up catching a 18, 40, and 47 pound Blus Cats. I have the info for the guide if anyone is intrested, but I don't want to list the info and break a forum rule that I am unaware of! I will post the pics as soon as I find the disk they are on. We moved rescently and everything is everywhere!!!! ANyway I just wanted to say Hi, and hopefully I will be able to help someone allong with getting some help as well!

Thanks for Reading!
    Drew

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    3:48 in Texas. Sun must be up like it is here in Iowa for you to be on the computer. You will like it here. Gotta watch some of these folks, they are really strange. You will actually begin to like some of them.

3. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    welcome to the BOC. beware though, logging in becomes an addiction .... lol

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Will you adopt me? LOL! Welcome aboard!

5. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC .. Great place to be.. Good people here

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To the BOC as was said before this place is addicting. Tell your son he also can join as soon as he turns 13.Great folks on this site,so welcome aboard you're gonna love this place!:big_smile:

7. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome to BOC. Glad to see another Texan join in.

8. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

9. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    hey man u fish the same waters i do. gimme a holler if u want to go some time.

10. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    welcome to the BOC Andy, its good to have you and your son here. heed the warnings tho, they dont lie, cept bout fish tales..lol.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Andy! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you :smile2:!

13. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to BOC.

14. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome to the BOC

15. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Another welcome to the BOC from Missouri Andy. Good to have you.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC Andy!!!

18. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Andy, yer gunna luv it here!!!!

19. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    THANKYOU EVERYONE!!!!! My son says Thankyou all too! We REALLY LOVE THE SITE!!! There is alot to read here, and BOOKOO of Knowledge!! I am actually Disabled with a VERY BAD BACK and Neck! I have had 5 surgerys and there is still alot of stuff wrong, but I don't want to get cut on anymore!! LOL So that makes me a stay at home Dad, and it is the ONLY good part of being a BrokeBack Fisherman!! Well I guess having alot of time to go fishing is a plus too. :tounge_out: Just have to be very carefull on where to try to go fishing, as I can't walk very far or over rough ground.

On to the good stuff! Yes Andrew has me beat with the biggest Catfish between the 2 of us. But I still have him beat with a 10&1/2 # Black Bass! :cool2: I caught it when I was 12 too1 Weird how it worked out! His face was as white as a Ghost when he saw the 40# Blue come to the top of the water, and I thought he was going to pass out when he saw the 47!!! LOL We were using Openface BaitCasters on Lightning Rods. Thw line was 25# Andies Green Envy Mono with a Andies 30# leader in clear. The hooks were 8/0 circles, and we were useing Black Drum cut bait cut in 4" wide chunks and the thickness from top fin to belly. We also used small 1&1/2" cigar floats peged about 12" from the bait and behind the swivel to keep the bait off of the bottom. There were smaller Cats that hit at the bait, but only the BIG BOYS could actually hook themselves. The guide was a SUPER GUY and I would FORSURE go out with him again if I ever had the spaer money!

Well we are going to try some of the homemade baits I have been reading about over the next week to see if we can get into any eatin sized Channels either on the Lake or on the Bosquie River. We just have to wait till some of the water goes down so we can launch off of the ramps! Lake was 20' high and Rising last weekend, and the river was flowing like the Colorado!!

Once again THANKYOU for the greetings and welcomes,
    Andy and Drew

20. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC, its always nice to see another Texan coming aboard.:big_smile: