New here and Fixin up a 85 Bass Tracker??

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by BoxxerBoyDrew, May 30, 2007.

1. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Hey Everyone I am new here, and I really like the place!! I have a 85 Bass Tracker I bought a few months ago and I am looking for ideas on what to add or takeaway to make it more fishable. I bought it with a rotten floor from a small split in the bottom twards the front of the boat bottom. The split was about 3" long and looked like it was caused by the previous owner hitting the wheel fender while going/loading the boat tooo fast! The trailer only has 2 small side guides about 18"long that are the same hight as the fenders! NOT to good of a design if you ask me. So I have torn the main floor out leaving the fishing decks for now till I get ready to redo it all, so my Son and I can still use it to fish in. Welll I got the split welded up and it is no longer leaking!! It has the factory Mercury XD25 Motor on it as well as the original Motor Guide 28# thrust trolling motor.

So far we have replaced the drivers and passengers seat, as well as the ped. fishing seats for the decks. I added a new fuse box, horn, drain plugs, spark plugs, a second Lorance fish finder on the front deck, and that's about it. I am looking for Rod Holders (to use while fishing), fishing lights, interior lights to use while fishing at night, fishing lights for in the water, a Tach, as well as anything else I might need.

I will post some pics when I get a chance to take some to give Ya'll more of a Idea of what I am working with. I have a GREAT FISHING PARTNER who is my 12yo Son, Andrew. He LOVES Catfishing as well as any other kind of fishing. He allready has a 47# Blue Cat under his belt! He caught it on his Christmas/Birthday Present of a Guided Trophy Catfish Trip on Ceder Creek Lake this past January. So he is HOOKED for life!! LOL

Thanks in advance for any Ideas Ya'll can think of!!
    Drew

2. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    welcome to the BOC. good luck with the boat

3. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Thanks!
    Glad to see I am not the only one online at 3:17am!! LOL

Drew

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC Andy!!!

5. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Thanks Fellas! We are going to try to get out this weekend as long as the rain stays away! Lake Waco was 20'+ High last Saturday when we went out!! Upper end of the lake looked like Hot Coco!!! When the wind picked up it was Brown Capping! LOL HUGE LOGS and STUMPS FLOATING EVERYWHERE!!! Still some people were going 30+mph!!:0a20::roll_eyes:

Anyway Thanks Again for the Greetings!
    Drew

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Andy Welcome to the BOC and good luck on your boat project.:lol::smile2:

7. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Welcome to the boc

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC

9. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Im sure youll find more than enough help with your boat. Everyone on here is really helpfull!

10. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    welcome aboard. im putting an old one back together to....tho mines a tad older :0a10:. if you can, get some pics up of it, id like to see the progress...again..welcome aboard :smile2:

11. Rhinoliner

Rhinoliner New Member

State:
    Texas
    That sounds just about like my '88 model boat.

I welded these guides/uprights to my trailer this year and it made a huge difference. I used to have to get into the water and fight with the boat to get it on the trailer every time. Now I can just drive right on, climb into the back of the truck and I stay bone dry.

I got rid of all of the carpet in my boat and had to replace the front and center deck plywood. I Rhinolined the bottom of the new deck lumber, then installed it and then Rhinolined the whole interior of the boat. I works really well and I can just hose off the stinky stuff when necessary.

A couple of pics.

Attached Files:

12. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    great looking boat Marvin !! nice job

13. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

14. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the B.O.C.

15. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Thanks Everyone for the help and welcomes!!

Marvin,

DO you work at a Rhino liner Shop??? Your boat looks GREAT!! I too was thinking of the upright posts w/PVC rollers, or welding extensions to the rear horizontal running bunks to make them tall enough to go to the upper side of the boat and making them longer . At least as long to cover the wheel wells. Your idea has ALLOT less work and supplies involved though!!:cool2:

Thanks,
    Andy

16. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Andy I just posted about some rails made of EMT on a BassTracker check it out.

17. Rhinoliner

Rhinoliner New Member

State:
    Texas

Andy,
    Yeah, I am a Rhino Linings dealer, so I had sort of an advantage on that part of the modification.

For the uprights, I just used some 2" square tubing and some 2" schedule 40 PVC. Pretty inexpensive, but very effective.

Good luck on your project.

Best regards,
    Marvin

18. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WELCOME TO THE BOC

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Just whated to say welcome to BOC.

20. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    g'luck with the boat, am in the middle of restoring a 14 v-bottom myself and am looking forward to it being finished and ready for slime!