New Heater

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by beetle, Feb 23, 2008.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was at friends house the other day and noticed a small wood burner he had on his porch. I had been looking for one and wanted one a little bigger than that one. I know he goes to a lot of farm auctions so I asked him to keep an eye out for me one. He said he had one behind a barn that someone gave him a few years back and if I wanted it I could have it for nothing. Wow! just the right size, it needed some bolts replaced and some door handles but looked to be in good shape. I finally got it installed and made some doorhandles and it sure is nice. No more fumes from propane and a lot quieter too. Man am I a happy camper, yesterday the temps outside were about 18 and in no time I was working at 65 and I have a place to make me some coffee. Got to get ready to head into town Rockler Woodworking has a 22% off one item this weekend and I know there is just something I need there!LOL:smile2:

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on your new heater STAY WARM :smile2:

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Free is always good.

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    I love wood heat, it just has a cozy feeling to it. I used wood heat for years and got to the point that I hated it but it sure would be nice to use again. That was all the heat I could get living way back off the road out in the sticks. That is one way to get rid of your waste from your shop also. Way to go on your great find. Man 18 degrees is kind of rough trying to stay warm.

If I was going to Rockler, they would have to give me a towel when I walked in to keep me from droolin all over them new toys in there.LOL

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Roger congrats on finding your heater. Love that wood heat.

6. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    There is nothing better than wood heat. You get plenty of exercise and then get to kick back and enjoy the fruits of your labor...

7. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    Congrats on your find. I like wood heat although we don't have to use as much wood now as i did in Illlinois. I use to swear I burned a forest a year when I was cutting it and splitting.