Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
can anyone tell me the best times in spring for cats in tn river around paris landing area? i want to take a week and do nothing but camp and fish. any tips, bait preferences, rigs, and areas would be a big help to me. I love catfishing, but need a little education from you vets!
thank you for your help!!! ----- marko

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Welcome to the BOC Mark. Some one from your area will be along soon to answer you.

·
Registered
14,583 Posts
Hello all!
can anyone tell me the best times in spring for cats in tn river around paris landing area? i want to take a week and do nothing but camp and fish. any tips, bait preferences, rigs, and areas would be a big help to me. I love catfishing, but need a little education from you vets!
thank you for your help!!! ----- marko
Mark Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I would look at the months of april thru june. I would catch some skipjack to use for bait and would fish this on a baitcaster using a no-roll sinker carolina rig with a 7/0 Kahle hook. This should give you a starting suggestion. Good fishing.:0a18::0a25::0a25::0a25:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mickey's got it right, fresh cut bait and no roll sinkers, that is a good stretch of river to fish, and spring spawn is on the way. Right now is a great time to fish.

·
USCA Jailhouse Lawyer
15,071 Posts
Welcome to the group!! I've only been here a little over a week myself but have learned a lot. Pretty much anywhere around Paris is good. That's why they call it Catfish Country. April and May are really good fishing months for us when we are there. Hope you have a good time. Let us know how it goes!:big_smile:

Debbie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.