New guy here

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catfishing2201, Aug 24, 2009.

1. catfishing2201

catfishing2201 New Member

State:
    Papillion,Nebra
    Im new here,came across this site today,i have been fishing for a long time,i just started back up after not fishing for 5 years,i have been out 15 times this summer and i have been trying to catch some catfish,i have not caught one yet.I have caught lots of bass and crappie,i have tried chicken liver,shrimp,stink bait,worms and fresh cut fish.

Can anyone tell me a decent place around omaha to catch catfish,or what am i doing wrong.
    Places i fish at...
    Walnut Creek
    Pony Creek. Iowa
    Salt Creek

2. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Gavin. Enjoy the catfish1 brotherhood.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Gavin.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Gavin 1 st off welcome to the B.O.C.,this is a great site lots of good info an great people on here . If you just joined check out the FAQ on the home page under quick links . This might help you some, also check members library .

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gavin Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois. :0a18::0a25::0a25:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome Gavin. I can allmost assure you someone will be along to help you. Take a look at your state fishing threads, that may help out some.

7. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Welcome to the BOC Gavin. I'm sure you will hear lots about the MO river. Other than that I don't know much about any other place out there. I wish you all kinds of luck, and don't worry plenty of people will be around to help you out.

8. cavillac

cavillac Active Member

State:
    Loveland,Iowa
    Welcome Gavin, I wouldnt ever try any of those places for catfishing..

Anywhere you can get onto the MO River should yeild some fish.. I hear Chalco Hills/ Standing Bear has some decent fish in it. There is a place just north of Omaha called the Boyer Chute NWR that has some giants in it as well.

Good Luck, and I havent caught anything noteworthy yet this year so dont feel bad. :smile2:

9. catfishing2201

State:
    Papillion,Nebra
    thanks everyone,i have caught alot of fish out of walnut creek,just no catfish,decent crappie and some 15"-18" bass.

10. cavillac

cavillac Active Member

State:
    Loveland,Iowa
    Walnut creek is a popular spot to fish... for bass/crappie/panfish, not catfish..

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Gavin and welcome to the BOC. You have joined the best bunch of informed catfishermen on the net. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

12. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    the big river:wink:

13. ol'catmandoo

ol'catmandoo New Member

State:
    S.E IA
    welcome :big_smile:

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Gavin. You will find someone to help you in your cat quest.

15. catfishing2201

State:
    Papillion,Nebra
    Im going to try the river this weekend,im going to try alot of different baits to see what will work,i havent fished the river in over 8 years.

16. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    welcome Gavin have fished poney creek many times with a friend an cought catfish up to 15#. seem to do best on cut bait & liver good lake.if you are after biger fish then i would try the Missouri river. good luck & hope this helps. Larry.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Gavin! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :big_smile:

18. vandu21

vandu21 New Member

State:
    Lincoln Ne
    Hello all, i to am new to this site. i just started to fresh water fish about a year ago, did alot of salt water fishing back in Ct. i now live in Lincoln. i fish out at Pawnee lake, would appreciate any HELP i can get lol.

19. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    1. SUMMIT LAKE
    2. BRANCHED OAK LAKE (near linclon)
    3. PAWNEE LAKE, near branched oak, this is where my dad (catmanjeff) caught his 36 lbs flatie i think it was!:cool2:

Also try Zerinskie Lake. I know thats spelled wrong lol but you know what I mean. Great lake to go to if you dont wanna drive more than 20 mins and have a boat or wanna bank fish. Great area of town. Havent fished there in over 5 years I think!:angry:

20. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    and I forgot to say.... WELCOME! Im pretty new too. I love this site!!!:wink: