New Guy Here, Introduction!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by HillBillyFiveO, Jul 24, 2009.

1. HillBillyFiveO

HillBillyFiveO New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gentlemen,

I've recently found this board after doing some poking around on other hunting/fishing sites. It's good practice to provide and intro, so folks can get an idea of who they've attracted. So, here goes! :eek:oooh:

I go by Floyd T. I live in Northern Kentucky and have lived my 43 years here. I was taught to fish by my dad and my Uncle; two of the best men I've ever met in my life. After a few off years, I'm working on getting back at it. I have a wife that loves to fish and hunt, so we get to share the seasons together. :big_smile: Much better than feuding everytime I want to go out. In fact, she's from western Illinois and has caught more fish and killed more deer than I. Yea, I'm jealous, but maybe some day I'll catch up!

Catfishing is new to me so I'm here to try to pick up some pointers. My questions will prolly seem "routine" to most, so bear with me!

Oh yea, I'm semi-retired and waiting on my wife to wrap up her PhD in Developmental Biology (research). Then we're off to who knows where. :crazy:

Thanks for reading and I hope to hang around and learn from the "pros"!

Floyd T.

PS: I also love fine Kentucky Bourbon and good cigars! :big_smile:

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    welcome aboard floyd. you'll not find a more friendly group of people than on the BOC. there are lots of articles and information already posted with most any topic that u can think of but any questions will be happily answered too. take a few hours to browse through the website and learn some of the different aspects of this wonderful site. we have a chatroom for direct conversations with other members that is alot of fun too.
    myself, i have been a member for a couple of years and spend way too much time on here but it's easy to get hooked on this site. i have made many friends and enjoyed several fishing trips to places that i have dreamed of fishing but didnt want to brave the spots alone. it sounds like you and your wife have a near perfect relationship. who could ask for more than sharing the outdoors with your life partner. i enjoy a little bourbon and a good cigar too. and my wife loves to fish with me. you and i are a couple of lucky guys.

3. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    :0a25:You came to the right place. Great bunch of people and tons of quality information on B.O.C.

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC Floyd. Great site and you will learn something every time you log on.

I love a good hand rolled cigar but have to leave the bourbon alone, it makes me act like a idiot. I can do that without help. LOL

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from Richmond KY . There are a few guys from up your way on here .

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Lance, the Good Hands people of catfishing!!!

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Floyd,
    Welcome to the BOC. With over 30,000 members and over a million posts there is a lot to read. Using the library and the search option to look up specifics will save you hours but just wandering the site is good too, like an endless buffet. Don't be afraid to ask any question and feel free to offer any advice you have. We can all learn something from everyone...W

9. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome aboard! If I'm ever down that way, we should definitely do some fishin with that fine kentucky bourbor and good cigars! Enjoy the site, brother!

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the B.O.C. You can learn something new here to help catch alot of fish . I thought I was pretty good at catfishing , but after reading here I have learned alot of things to improve my catfishing skills 100% .

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Floyd.

12. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC Floyd

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Floyd! A big welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family, coming to you from western NC. We're glad to have ya! :big_smile:

14. HillBillyFiveO

HillBillyFiveO New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thank ya all for the warm welcome. I've learned a bit to this point and look forward to addin to it. We're off to Quincy, IL for a wedding and may try to get some fishin in on Saturday morning. We'll see how that goes.

Have a great weekend!

Floyd T.

15. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Welcome to the Boc :big_smile:

16. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    welcome to the BOC !! when travelin and know yer gonna have a chance to fish, go to that state's section and post what area yer gonna be in and yer most likely gonna have people guide ya on here where to go. sometimes they will even meet up with ya. have a safe trip and good luck fishin

17. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Floyd.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Floyd Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois. Lots of info on here. Enjoy.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

19. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Welcome, hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do. great place to meet fellow fisherman that have a lot of good information and simular views from what ive seen.

20. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC