new gun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by THE FISH WHISPER'ER, Nov 4, 2005.

1. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    i just purchased one of those thomson center omega's that every one has been talking about does anyone know if they realy are all they are cracked up to be?

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I know a couple guys that have them and they really like them a lot. Thinking about getting my self one.

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I just sighted one in for my buddy about a week ago and that is one straight shootin gun,at 75yrds i was "clover leafing" the shots,we shot 90 grns of triple 7 powder with them power belt bullets...........great shooting gun.

4. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    can't wait to get it sighted in hopfully one day this week after work but the time change really makes it kinda tough i got the one with the camo thumbhole stock& stainles barrel it is just about the coolist thing i have got in a while :cool:( sorry i am so easaly exited)

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    What caliber did you get in it? Isnt that the gun where you can swap out barrel and shoot different calibers. I havent heard anything bad about them.

6. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats on the new omega, havent heard any complaints from my friends that have them. Derby I think you are thinking of the tc encore not sure if the omega will exchange them also.

And madkat I have a question how will you sighting in your buddys rifle work for him? Everyone looks down the barrell at different angles but thats a neat trick if you want to use it for Deer season. LOL

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I got a question for all you muzzleloading experts. I have a friend that works in a local gun shop. Every once in awhile someone will walk in and sell them their guns dirt cheap for whatever reason. Well this year he brought me a Traditions Alpha Mag 209 bolt action .50 cal and told me to try it out this year. Well, I zeroed it and compared to my older CVA stag horn or TC Hawken it works like a dream. I've never been much of a Traditions fan, but this is really a nice rifle and he only wanted 50 bucks for it. So needless to say it's now mine. LOL I really like the bolt action on it. Much safer in my opinion. And it's got a nice thick, but not quite a bull barrel on it. Much less kick than my other muzzleloaders. Anyway, I can find nothing on the internet about this particular model Traditions Rifle. I can't even get Traditions to answer any emails about it. Which is kind of amazing to me. My friend seems to think it's a Bait Pro Shop only model. Anybody ever heard of this model before?

8. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    don't know any thing on the traditons, but i beilive derby city is thinking about the thompson encore's , and i got mine in a .50-cal not shure if they even make it in a .45 or .54 but i am shure it will be much improvement on my old hawken

9. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bryan that is a good one, I also searched and tried to call Traditions you get a recording and then when you try to transfer to sales or tech it just rings dont think that they want to answer any questions on there products. I tried. lol

10. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tim, thanks for the effort. Wonder why they won't answer? LOL From what I see in this rifle they make a pretty good product, at least on the high end of their offerings. I found one add for a used one someone was selling. The picture he had posted of his had the user manuals with it and they said Lighting Bolt Action rifle. So I'm assuming it was made for for Bait Pro Shops under a different model name. Now if I can find the user manual for the right one. LOL Oh well, it works and is a really nice rifle in my opinion. Again Thanks Tim.

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Why don't you just call bass pro and talk to them about it. If it was made for them or at least you think it was. I'm sure someone in there smokepole area knows a little more.

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
  13. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    That muzzeloader is great i own one and i love it. Flatheadwilly and I both took nice 150-170 class bucks in Kansas last year. They were both over 150 yards.