new gun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by South Grand Laker, Jul 19, 2009.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    who knows anything about a 22 long rifle, made by marlin jc penny

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If its made for J C Penny by Marlin,chances are there might be a hard to find part now days,But for reliability,you cant beat an old marlin. I have a closet full of 22LR rifles from marlins ,savage,mossberg,sears,J C,higgins and even a springfield I think.

3. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    well i haven't seen or heard of one made by jc pennys thats why i was asking i got it for 50 bucks in pretty good condition so just wonderin, thanks

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    You got a rare steal for 50$ bro...cherish it....parts will be hard to find

5. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Depending on the model number of course parts may not be too hard to find at all. Most of the gun makers sold their standard models to true value, ace hardware, jc penney etc so it could be sold under the store name for less. I have collected guns/gun products for years from several manufacturers and many rifles/guns were sold under many different brand names ie: Ted Williams, Ace hardware etc etc. Most are the same identical gun with maybe cheaper stocks etc. JC Higgins/JC Penney if I remember right were outlets also for cheaper then retail guns. Ive got an old JC Higgins bought from True Value in the early 60's thats a single shot bolt action .22 its went thru heck and back and still shoots good. Finish and most of the blueing is gone, surgical tape holds the back sight down and its still a good trapline gun, I bought it for $7 in the early 80's. If it shoots it should be worth at least $50

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    well i wasn't really expecting it to be a valuable gun, i just bought it to help a guy out that needed 50 bucks without even looking at it and he brought it to me and it was in real good condition, it's a The Marlin Firerarms Co. Model 6660 JC PENNEY North Haven, Conn. USA .22 Cal LR, wondering how what year it may be just curious, do any of you guys no of websites to look up Guns on?? i have never really looked on the web for em, thanks alot bros