new growth

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by cliff n york, Mar 13, 2008.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have four pepper plants that made it thru the winter that still have green wood left in the stems. i have trimed them back to see if they will come back this year, as volenters. later i will place some plastic of them to form a mini hot house. has any one ever tried this:confused2:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Curious to see that myself. This is my first year growing peppers from seed. I started them about a week ago and so far they are looking good. My only problem is that I live in an apartment and have to grow them in large pots.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    No, I havent but I have 4 onions that didnt turn into bulbs last year that are amazingly still green and in my garden. Im hoping they'll grow into a bulb this year.

4. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well i didnt get to put plastic over my peppers, but thats alright. today i see signs of growth coming from the base of the plants cliff

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Haven't tried it with peppers, but I did have some onion sets that made it through the winter, so I left them out. They are now up about 2 1/2 feet tall & looking great! (Of course, I am alot farther South than some of you guys.)