New germanshorthaired pointer

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by CatfishHateMe, Dec 31, 2006.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    my uncles ex wife is selling german shorthaired pointers that they bred for $300, im not 100% positive of the bloodlines so ill post it next time i talk to her, but im getting one of the females theyr 4 weeks old and im gettin one in 2 weeks, the one im getting is all brown with a small white patch on her chest that looks almost like a flower. cant wait to get her and start hunting birds since i never have before. now, i need help with a name:tounge_out: i want it to be a good hunting type name. any ideas?

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jayson,
    Congrats on the new pup. I have hunted with alot of GSPs and they are good bird dogs. Spend lots of time with her and do some basic obedience training, and you will enjoy many yrs of hunting together! As far as names go, a few I have owned or hunted with are as folllows:
    Kasey
    Molly
    Maggy
    Jasmine
    Sam as in Samantha
    Libby
    My personall favorite- Josey

Don't know if this helps any, I always have a hard time thinking of names:lol:.
    lol I just remebered, when I was 18 I had a dog that was a stray, I named her Bubba!! Poor dog!

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I named mine Jake. He is 14 yrs. old now and I don't hunt him anymore.

4. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
  5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    my german shorthair pointer is named festus, and he is hell on wheels!

6. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    I feel that shorthairs are the best of the hunting breeds, I am partial. Our family raised three of them, "Mable, Lucy, and Marcy". People will tell you that they have to be outside dogs and raised in a pin to be a hunting dog, GARBAGE. THE BEST HUNTING DOGS ARE HOUSE DOGS THAT WANT TO SHARE THEIR LIFE WITH YOU. They will hunt their hearts out for you and more important come to you when you call them. Best of luck with your pup and if you have questions feel free to drop me a line.

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    my shorthairs name is mckees wild rose rosey for short.no hunting for her shes gun shy.