The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the Georgia forum and fairly new to the BOC. I'm thinking about moving to Georgia and was wondering where the best catfishing was in the state of Georgia? Anybody got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Jason,

Welcome to the hood. There will be a GA gathering in June at the Altamaha State Park in the Jesup GA region. Everyone will be fishing the Altamaha River, the watershed that is responsible for 2 State catfish records.

Feel free to show up, will be a good time.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Jason,

Welcome to the hood. There will be a GA gathering in June at the Altamaha State Park in the Jesup GA region. Everyone will be fishing the Altamaha River, the watershed that is responsible for 2 State catfish records.

Feel free to show up, will be a good time.
Come on down don't know about the good fishing but it will be a good time

·
Registered
209 Posts
well seeing as im from the same area i fish the ogeechee and altamaha most they both produce fish very well ive spent a couple hours fishin for eatin fish and caught 20 or 30 channels. also there are some big ol flatheads

·
Registered
729 Posts
Jason,
Welcome to the BOC from Indiana. I'm sure you will find great fishing in Georgia. Just ask around and I'm sure someone from the area will steer you in the right direction just as the above members have done. Good luck, rspd507.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the invites fellas. The gathering in June sounds like a good time. I will definitely try to attend. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have fished the Hooch near Columbus with satisfying results. :cool2:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the GA forum Jason. As already mentioned, the Altamaha and Coosa Rivers are 2 of GA's best places to catfish. If you come to extreme N. GA, there is some great catfishing just across the state line in the TN River near Chattanooga, TN.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Krowbar,
I moved down a couple of years ago from Charleston, SC. I fish the Altamaha and the Satilla now. I fished the Cooper all the time in Charleston and it is a tough choice. Totally different type of fishing. I catch alot fewer fish down here and work harder at it, but the fish are bigger Flatheads. We definately don't have that Blue cat population. I think Santee-Cooper and south east Ga are pretty close though in quality, just different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts