New Georgia Forum Member

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by krowbar, Feb 16, 2008.

1. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hi, I'm new to the Georgia forum and fairly new to the BOC. I'm thinking about moving to Georgia and was wondering where the best catfishing was in the state of Georgia? Anybody got any ideas?

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jason,

Welcome to the hood. There will be a GA gathering in June at the Altamaha State Park in the Jesup GA region. Everyone will be fishing the Altamaha River, the watershed that is responsible for 2 State catfish records.

Feel free to show up, will be a good time.

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Come on down don't know about the good fishing but it will be a good time

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    ditto what Paul said. I grew up in that area fishing the Ogeechee River.

5. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    well seeing as im from the same area i fish the ogeechee and altamaha most they both produce fish very well ive spent a couple hours fishin for eatin fish and caught 20 or 30 channels. also there are some big ol flatheads

6. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Jason,
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana. I'm sure you will find great fishing in Georgia. Just ask around and I'm sure someone from the area will steer you in the right direction just as the above members have done. Good luck, rspd507.

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the invites fellas. The gathering in June sounds like a good time. I will definitely try to attend. Thanks again.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Georgia has some good catfishing. The Chattahooche (spelling ?) river has provided me with some quality fish.

9. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Depending on where you have to move to, the Coosa in extreme Northwest GA produces some fine cats.

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I have fished the Hooch near Columbus with satisfying results. :cool2:

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the GA forum Jason. As already mentioned, the Altamaha and Coosa Rivers are 2 of GA's best places to catfish. If you come to extreme N. GA, there is some great catfishing just across the state line in the TN River near Chattanooga, TN.

12. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Krowbar,
    I moved down a couple of years ago from Charleston, SC. I fish the Altamaha and the Satilla now. I fished the Cooper all the time in Charleston and it is a tough choice. Totally different type of fishing. I catch alot fewer fish down here and work harder at it, but the fish are bigger Flatheads. We definately don't have that Blue cat population. I think Santee-Cooper and south east Ga are pretty close though in quality, just different.