New Friends/Catfishing Partners

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Flamekeeper, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Met up with my new freind and catfishing partner James (brinley45cal).
    We talked a little about catfishing, rods, bait, places to go fishing , and where we've been. But the most important part was when we started talking about where we are going!!.

He's a real nice Guy I must say, and you could sure tell he was a catman when he took me around back to check out his rod and tackle carrier, he opened the door on his shed and you can just smell CATFISHERMAN:big_smile::wink:

Were headed out in the morning to Lake #2 in my flathead contest thread to give it a try for anything the has whiskers and swims..:cool2:

were armed with bluegill heads, shrimp, salmon strips, liver, chicken, and I'll catch the live gills for bait and fresh cut bait when we get there..

Wish us luck on our first of many catfishing adventures to come in the future..

Kenny

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've met and fished with some fine folks i've met on the BOC. You yourself kenny took the time to send me detailed advise on building my first rod. This took some time looking up page numbers and such. I appreciate it and hope ya'll do well together.

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Well got up this morning to go get the big boys and thunder storms were all over us and raining cats and dogs. ( man wasn't exspecting This!:angry:)

Called James and we decided we really didn't want to be human lightening rods :eek:oooh:and called it a day.:wink: We are already making plans for the next trip. I'm looking forward to some good quality catfishing with James in the furture. Be exspecting to see some nice cats caught by us soon.

By the looks of the news, these storms might head outa here later, Might be able to get some fishing in anyway:wink:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Good luck Kenny Hope you all have a good trip. I too have met some mighty fine people and friends to fish with since joining the BOC. Sorry to hear ya got stormed on :angry: Don't that just get your goat. Hyped-up for a trip and get ready to go, then mother-nature say you best not be out there today.:angry::confused2:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Nothin better than fishin with another full blow catman is there ........

I'm so lucky to have many of them here in SC. Try and ask a Bass fisher to go fishin at 1am and see what kind of look you get , LOL.

Hope you get out there soon Kenny...and the best of luck to you both.

-Jim-

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

Not all bass fishermen are like that. I love to bass fish and 1:00 works for me.:wink: Spent many an all niter standin and reelin.

7. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I sure wish i could flame but i cant walk that far:smile2:

8. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Yeah, I was raised to fish for bass with my father. There ain't nothing like the sound of a 1/4oz buzz bait churning the water at 3-5 am and all of a sudden you hear that swoosh! :eek:oooh:and you feel the pressure of a 5lb bass. Or the blades on your spinner stop spinning because a bass just had a short strike, and you crank in and recast just to catch another trophy that just missed your bait and returned to kill it. The game is on and the blood gets a pumping..LOL..man thats fun.

Heck I'm ready..these over-cloudy days Like today with storms ever where are the best times to skim them spinners and buzz baits across the waters surface.:wink:

I just walked into the house-signed on to my favorite spot and to give you the update.

Well let me get off the bass and talk cats,

I called James back up and got him out, got to the lake and started catching gills before he showed up. James shows up and we started talking baits. Like I mentioned earlier we had a smörgåsbord. :smile2: I pitched out 2 live gills and one cut bait chunk, and James was using liver and Lucky7. well the day dragged on with a few small hits, no downs. More showers and lightening strikes afar off in the distance and one of his rods took a dive, He lifted up and said fish on.. Man he was a cranking that rod and the drag started screaming as he was pumping the rod. I asked you feel him,Yes he replied, then the tip went down even further and I jumped up and said get the net!!:eek:oooh: After a few minutes we seen some pretty good waves coming up to the surface and he let off a whoo!! wee!! You should have seen the smile on his face, that rod was bent almost double :big_smile:

Sorry but I'm going to let him finish off this story of his fish, Hes got the pic of the fish, :smile2:,,Because he caught it.. The only fish of the day.

I got skunked:tounge_out: But still had a blast fishing with James today. Heck the storms just now showed up again,severe Storm warnings coming over the screen,man its hammering outside, we got out of there in the nick of time:wink:.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Come on James, the suspense is killin us.:eek:oooh: One GOOD fish is better than a sack full of dinks anytime.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well first off id like to say its an absolute pleasure knowing kenny.He knows catfishing,he definitely knows rods,and is just fun to hang out and fish with and i look forward to more fishing adventures. Yeah i thought were going to get rained out so i went back to bed,so kenny calls me back later and gets me up and says lets go and away we went.
    We had all kinds of bait,but nothing seemed to be very hungry.Had a couple small bites but nothing to write home about,so we took that time just to enjoy the fellowship and talk fishing and what not.While that was going on it would rain on us then stop rain and then stop.
    Man i looked over and my rod bent down and it was on,well like kenny said it had my rod doubled over and my drag was dang near smokin.That thing got close to the surface and big ole waves started making a wake across the other side of the lake,you could almost hear the theme from jaws playing.
    Im having trouble figuring out how to get the pic on here so im going to have to get kenny to help me out but you wont be disapointed i assure you. Ill get it posted as soon as i can.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    :confused2::confused2::confused2: Come on fellows, cough up the pics of the big flathead that'll make us all drool.

Bottom line, ya'll had a good time and thats what matters most.:wink:

12. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    ,Let me finish it off with saying this, As he was pulling it in and it got closer to shore we couldn't beleive our eyes when we saw it come up, :eek:oooh:The mear size of it was amazing :eek:oooh::crazy:10lbs of coontail moss with a little forked tail hanging out the end :smile2::smile2:. My lips were:0a19: up in shock:smile2:

After he pull off the outer layer of clothing this is the trophy James had landed around a 1lb channel :0a33: you know how we catfishermen are:0a10::0a10::smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I got to say this; That little push-button spinning reel sounds real good when it under load and the drag slips, and that rod, Man I would've bet he had a 20lb fish on:smile2::smile2:

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im tellin ya at first it did feel like i had a whale on that sucker,thats what worried me,cause i just use that set up for dip bait, eater size is about all i trust that baby with,man i thought i was going to be in for a heck of a fight lol.At least until i seen a 10# wad of moss with a tail sticking out the end.thought i discovered a new species of fish or something lol.Im really surprised kenny didnt clean them up cause he was using floats fishing above
    all that coontail moss,and i was right on the bottom i dont see how that one found my bait inall that mess. i must have casted out and hit him on top of the head.
    But we had a good time i enjoyed and i look fourward to nexed time

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Great story ! Great day ! I am rep en both of ya !