New four wheeler

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by YeeHaw, Apr 15, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I just got a 96 Polaris 250 Trailblazer. Does anybody have one. It's real nice, I'll posr pictures later.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Definitely post some pictures and give us your feedback. Always wanted one, but never made the plunge or the bank note :waaaht:

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I nearly bought one last fall. Bought wife and I lifetime hunt/fish licenses instead. Maybe next year.

4. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    250 Trailblazer, i had one for a little while sure was a blast to ride,but i got rid of it for a banshee and now days i ride a Yamaha warrior and a Suzuki z400:)

5. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Like i said i got a new wheeler. It's a 2 stroke. Lots of people say that they don't last as long as 4 strokes. I'm a four stroke man, but i'm upgrading into races so i need more power so i got a 2 stroke. About how long will these lasts? The motor has been rebuilt. This wheeler is a 96.

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you run it and keep it cleared out your wont have that much trouble. Sometimes the plugs on a 2-stroke will foul out if it doesnt get run. Sounds like you should have fun with it! Post some pics when you get a chance.

7. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    2 strokes are ok but if your wanting to go big time into racing the yz450's and the 450r do a whole lot better then that 250 will ever even think about.

as far a plug fouling as long as you keep the rpm's on the up and up you will be fine but just sitting and idling thats when they get fouled.
    2 strokes don;t last as long as a 4 stroke but they are a whole lot cheaper to rebuild then a 4 stroke. i think that the 2 stroke will soon become a thing of the pass because your getting such monster 4 strokes being the 660,700 but i'm sure you got your much cheaper then one of these beast cost.
    i just think if your going to jump into racing wide open the 250 will be a little under powered but it will be a good one to start out with to let you get your feet wet.:)

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I would think if your racing in the 250cc class it would be fine, jmo. :)

9. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I raced 125 four wheelers for a while. I've just gotten too big for it and i kept flipping it, so i'll be in the 250 class soon. How long should this 2 stroke last me if the engin just got rebuilt a couple months ago?

10. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I know somebody around here knows about these from the previous post.

11. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    well if it goes up against a honda 250r or even one of the old Suzuki quad racer i don't think he has a chance.

just my 2 cents worth:)

12. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    i know a few guys that race and they refresh there motors once a year but i figure with some luck it should run strong for about 2 years but i guess it all depends on how many races you run.

13. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Oh i'll have a chance alright, the old 125 beat 400EX's.We modify the engines so they run faster, nobody stands a chance, i've placed in the top 5 almost every time.

14. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Don't look at me, I was just blowing smoke as always, lol. Good luck at the races!

15. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    all i'm going to say is good luck to ya but stock for stock i have beat a couple trailblazers on my warior. i wonder if your going to have a problem finding preformace parts for it?

16. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It would be hard to estimate how long you will be able to run it before You rebuild.There is too many variables to figure,like how how hard you drive it,how you rich You run Your oil,how hot Your plugs are.Just don't over tach it and keep the oil rich enough to smoke a little and have fun with it.I grew up racing 2 stroke dirt bikes and they always had a quicker response than the 4 strokes but the oil mixture was the main thing to watch.I would rather run it slightly rich and foul a few plugs than seize a piston.I always mixed My own oil even on the bikes that had an injector,I trusted My mix better then the injectors but they've probably came a long ways with them since I was out there.In the early days of oil injected 2 strokes they were known to fail.

Congrats on your new toy,have fun and be safe.

17. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Don't let the negative nellies get you down. Get out there and whoop up on them and have fun! Congratulations and be careful!!!!!!!!!!!

18. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    oh i not trying to bash him in any way i'm just giving my honest thought and i do agree just go have fun:)