New Fishmobile!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Apr 10, 2009.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've been pulling the boat with an S10 blazer since last spring. It's got the small v6 in it and it'll pull the boat, but not very fast and not very willingly:smile2: I've been wanting a full size pickup for my new fishmobile for awhile now and so last Tuesday night I put a Pontiac Montana that's been taking up driveway space for a year and the Blazer on Craigslist. Had them both sold by one the next afternoon and was driving my new-to-me Craigslist find truck home by 7 that same night:big_smile:

Wound up with a '95 F150 extended cab 4x4 with all the bells and whistles (and lots of dents, rust, and miles :smile2:) that so far is a dandy. Nothing pretty but for what I want it for and what it cost I'm about as happy as can be. Moral of the story, I guess, is that it takes 2 GMs to get one Ford:smile2:

2. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I gues you are right 2 wore out old chevys are worth 1 good ford,LOL, hope that works out for you brother, that sounds like a good deal, :smile2:

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Right on Brandon. Now more muddy boat ramp problems. :cool2:

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats Branden, that'll be nice.
    Maybe now I can pull the truck up the ramp.:embarassed::smile2:

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Pretty is in the eyes of the beholder:crazy:
    The last 2 ford truck I had went over 250 K on miles. running in a 04 4X4 ranger, the way I see it; it will be around 2020 before I get a new truck:eek:oooh:

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    congrats on the new truck!!:smile2:

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    My 96 Chevy truck is coming up on the 312,000 mile oil change and will still pull my 24 foot sea ark quite well. It has a 4.3 v-6 in it. I would not be afraid to leave for California today in it. Not that I want to go to California.

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    The van had a 4.3 in it and it was a good motor - except for the Dexcool coolant. It was on it's second motor and that one had new head gaskets in it due to the coolant eating the gaskets. Also on it's second trans.:smile2: It pulled the boat OK but it was trouble from about 2 years after we bought it. Must have been a Monday car:smile2:

The Blazer ran like a top - the only problem with it was that it had the smaller (3.9?) 6 in it and struggled with the boat. That and it was a stick so I had a hard time getting people to pull it up the ramp after I backed the boat off:smile2:

9. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Branden that's a great deal! I sell cars for a living and it usually takes 3 GM's for 1 Ford!@!@:smile2:

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The clutch never gave me any problems, it's just hard to reach the pedal when the front seat's bolted down where the back seat's supposed to be...

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats...

Nothing like having that piece of mind on the boat ramp (and it sounds like this rig will surely give that to you).

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    F fix, O or, R repair, D daily

13. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on your new truck man, hope it helps in getting you to more fish.

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats, Great find.

How was the Craiglist experience? I have always been a little weary of it, but I think that I am going to start using it

15. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    you should i have found a ton of great buys on there, from cars to bait.

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got a 97' F150 thats a pretty good old truck. despite the fact i'm fixin to have to put a crank kit in it. Has 4.2 V6 thats adaquate to pull my boat and the truck is big enuff to get it stopped too. On a good clear night you can hear a chevy rust.

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    LMAO Doug. I have that problem sometimes also. Built to low to the ground. Glad to hear you got a good buy Branden.

18. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    F found, O on, R road, D dead