New fishing spots?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Naack, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    well it looks like i wont have my boat running til around spring just to much work while im working so i was wondering if anyone knew any spots around Elizabeth that i could get to for a little bit of bank fishing.. have been fishing just below lock #3 any suggestions would be Great!

Thanks

2. MrCatfishPA

MrCatfishPA New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    I don't get to this area that much lately but was looking for some shore fishing spots in the same area, I'll let you know if I hear of any, I'm not too familiar with this stretch.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Shawn alot good banks spots in Elizabeth. I would fish wherever you got that huge flathead in your avatar. Did you get that around lock 3?

4. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Shawn alot good banks spots in Elizabeth. I would fish wherever you got that huge flathead in your avatar. Did you get that around lock 3?

Yeah cought him about 200 yards down from the Lock .. but its realy been hit or miss on the fish latly , it dosnt seem like their is alot of structure just the channel from the locks opening and barges pushing through.

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You fishing right where the barges lock through I have never had any luck there.Too much trouble if there is heavy barge traffic seen a guy lose his rod there once.