New fishing season new goals

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by FlatGetter, Nov 30, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    In 2005 (my first year flathead season) my goals was to catch a big flathead. Big for me was 30".I ended with a 38" 22lb. flathead as my biggest. Last year my goal was 30lb. or 40" Flathead. My first fish of the season I hit my goal (avitar). It was April, it was 43" long and weighed 30 pounds. In June I got my goal again with a 40.5" Flathead that didnt get weighed but weighed 30plus. In July got a flathead up to the bank that was 40. lb plus and hook came out of its mouth while tring to reach it. Then in Sepember I caught a 42" 32lb.Flathead. For this year I want to catch (and land) a 40. lb. flathead. Alot of people read this and says i can catch a 40lber in my sleep. But I fish a real small river that you can only bankfish with deep holes being 4 and 5 feet deep.

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    sounds like your doing pretty good beating your goals good luck for next years i bet you can do it! now i have to set some of my own.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good luck on reaching your goal. My goal is to catch more fish. Big small wide skinny it doesn't matter just more.:lol:

4. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Sounds like you had some good fish...Good luck on your quest for the biggun!!!BTW,what part of illinois are you from?

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    good luck in your quest. Its always good to set goals for yourself.

6. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Good luck, I hope to hear about a 40lb flathead.:cool2:

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    One of my goals this year is a 60 lb. fish as I got a 54 lb. blue last year as my biggest, but my biggest goal is to figure out the blue cats on Badin lake on a year round basis, catch a 20 lb. striper and really figure out drift fishing and add it to my arsenal. I also want to figure out the flathead son Badin next summer as I got the fall and spring bite pretty well pinned down. Dang, I need to get on the water! tight lines

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My goal was to go fishing more, and catch more and bigger fish. Did all the above. My goal for next year is to go fishing even more, catch even more and even bigger fish. Still trying to meet 20# mark on rod 'n' reel. Sounds like you have no problem with that. Good luck and good fishin'.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    No way did I come close to my goals this year due to my heath I think my goals next yr will be just injoy each day:big_smile:

10. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hope u get that 40 pounder man.and pastor e hope u get to feeling better and hope u get more time out on the water:smile2:

11. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Flatgetter

Go man go!!!!!

:wink:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I know what you mean Chris. My first goal was catch one. Then 20lbs. Got my PB 32lbs in September, so my 2007 goal is 40lbs. Good luck next year to ALL!!!!!!

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I think you have the system figured out for the 30's and 40's. Thats a great couple of years fishing there. Took me 3 years to break 30 and 40 and I did it on the same night.Back to back lol. My goal for next year is the same as this year break the 50 pound barrier. I too fish a smaller river. But I'm heading farther south next year where the average depth is greater and more 60 and 70 pounders have been caught. I will be out of my "element" but I have skillz.lol

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    My goal will be to go out with Skip and beat that 20lbs mark :big_smile:

15. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    my goal for this year was to break the 20lb barrier....only have 3 weeks left...doh.

16. juscatfishin

juscatfishin New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Best of luck on reaching that 40. My main goals for '07 are: To have fun, learn more, and spend as much time as I can on the water and share that with others.

17. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Congrats on reaching your goals! I have the same goals everytime I go out, every year. One goal is to put the boat back on the trailer with a little more knowledge than I took it off. I want to always be adding to my knowledge of catfish movements and such. But my main goal is to ALWAYS enjoy myself. Fishing to me is about relaxing and enjoying the greatest sport ever. That is why i very rarely fish by myself-it's alot more fun with a buddy out there joking around with ya. I love catching big fish, but I love just being out there waiting on a big fish just as much! best of luck to ya!