New Fishing Rod

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by GaryF, Apr 16, 2006.

1. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I picked up one of these 10ft Ugly Stik heavy rods for bank fishing the MO. It helps for casting a little further, and it holds the line out of the current and helps the sinker stay in place. It’s a heavy, stiff rod, so it has no trouble with even an 8oz weight and a big bait.

Attached Files:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    And I picked up one of these fancy rod carriers to haul it around with. I’m trying to get into a position to buy a bigger boat. I moved a few months back, and now I have the garage space. This will bump my towing capacity from 1000 to 5000lbs. I realize some of you guys have trucks that will pull an aircraft carrier, but the biggest boats I’m considering are under 2000lbs, so this should get the job done. It’s a used Nissan, 2 years older, but with a few less miles, than the Honda CRV I sold. It was basically an even trade, money wise.

Attached Files:

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thats a nice lookin little truck ya got there Gary and With gas prices I'm sure it'll get better mileage then The Aircraft carrier haulin F150 i've got, Man Feeding That beast is gettin hard on the ole wallet!!!

By the way why in the heck are we sittin in front of the computer on such a nice day? We should be at the river fishing don't ya think? LOL

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Brad, I hear you on the fuel costs. I wish I was out there fishing. Spent the day hiding easter eggs and dodging water balloons, lol. A big family get together :0a5:

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    That is a heck of a fishing rod carrier Gary!! LOL I might have to try that soon!! LOL

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the rod and pickup man! They both look sharp! Good luck in your search for new boats and man do I hear ya on the fuel prices. I have an aircraft carrier pullin truck like you said (F-350 powerstroke) and at $80-90 a tank its gettin expensive! Good luck though man with your rod and truck and the boat search!

7. BoCaHoLiC

BoCaHoLiC New Member

State:
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Gary. Looks like a great truck to get the job done. Good luck on the boat search. Is that fish in your profile pic from this year? Nice fish!

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Josh, Gary got the fish in his profile pic last year. We caught 2 big blues 54lbs each within 15 minutes of each other. Man what a blast! I'm ready again.

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice looking rigs you got there Gary. Hope you find yourself a great boat.

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Great rod and truck Gary. I just got two 12 ft. ugly stik big waters my self. Boy oh Boy , they cast like a dream. :)

11. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gary, glad to hear that you got a new truck. My truck with a V6 is broke so I had to drive the other truck....The 350 V8 truck. Man the power is nice but when it hit a 1/4 of a tank I decided to fill up. After $80 I decided that was all I was going to put in it. I do miss my V6 now. I hope to get it back on the road tomorrow.

Dave

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Thanks guys. I've got a hitch and camper shell on order, I should be boat-ready in a couple of weeks.

13. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    man i like that rod, i have a medium action more for bullheads and small channels. overall there great rods to have

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Where did you get the rod at and how much are they?

15. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah my friend has a ugly stick and they do cast very well.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That rod you have is a beast for sure, nic truck also.

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Ramrod, Cathunter pointed you in the right direction. I actually got mine from a local shop for around $70. Catfish Connection recently had them on sale for $48, but they are sold out now.