New fishing pole

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by countrycat15, May 7, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hey guys,im lookin for a new pole but im kinda on a budget.i have many medium heavey and medium action rods but they all are kind of heavey for the cats im catching(in the 1-20 pound range) so im wondering if any of u guys know of any good but not to expensive fishing rods any info will help me out alot. thanks.

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well it would help if we knew a specific budget, because inexpensive to me may be expensive to you. Although if you want a rod that is under 20 dollars (I dont know how good they are though) the Hi-Tech rods that Catfish Connection has are between 8 and 16 dollars. I hope this helps :smile2:

3. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I would try a uglystik catfish rod or berkley big game, i have a couple i use for lighter catfishing that i do, can get both at wal mart,they have both worked really well for me and cost me between $19 and $30. hope that helps you.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    try Wal-mart They Have A Rod/reelcombo For Around 19.95.the Rods Are White And It Says Catfish On Them.i've Had Real Good Luck With Them.

5. JamesRiverFlats

JamesRiverFlats New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a couple of the berkley big game rods. They are pretty cheap and do a good job. You can get them at wal-mart for around $20.

6. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    ok thanks for all ur info guys.

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Kenny, My personal preference in rods is Ugly Stiks but I bought my wife a Whuppin Stick from Cabela's this year and it is really nice. They have a wide selection and they are only 20 dollars or so. They are so much like an Ugly Stik I wouldn't be surprised if they are made by the same folks.

ST

8. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Theres just no way i would ever & I mean ever buy my wife a whuppin stick:big_smile: He He!

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas

Oh man, lack of forethought on my part....:waaaht:

ST