New Fishing Partner

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Tried out a new fishing partner today - my 18 month old Belgian Sheperd, Buddy. Took him to Lake Greenwood, where I hear the channels been bitin'. He did pretty well for his 1st trip, caught 2 nice little channels, using herring for bait. But he wouldn't bait the hooks, help with the drift socks, or chip in for gas. And he wanted to drive the boat too (the nerve!!!!) :crazy: Dunno about that guy. But he didn't complain about the wind or how cold it was, or the lack of appropriate toilet facilities. I may take him out again :big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Pat
    Did you stop over at the Gallatin steamplant to catch skippies over the holidays?

3. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Keep taking him and before long he will be pointing the rods that get bit.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    mine is my favorite fishing partner. He never complains about the holes I fish and never says I think we should fish over there. He does get just as excitied as i do when a rod loads up though. Wouldnt trade him for anything.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    John - pm coming!!

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    The pic's are great Pat. I'm glad Buddy did well on the water, and on a windy day at that. Thanks for sharing and good luck if you decide to head out again.

-Jim-

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    So, did he crap in the boat? LOL! Thanx for sharein.

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thats cool pat, I took 2 of my boxers out with me sev. weeks ago but everytime I went to the bank to let them relieve themselves all they wanted to do was run through the water lol.

9. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    He will get the hang of it. Just give him time!:big_smile:

10. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Awsome, I wish I had A partner like that. Nice!

11. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    maybe it was a dingo what ate your catfish............

12. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    To keep the dog theme going here I'll share this one with ya. Last summer I was out with Tennesseblues that I go fishing with a lot and he has a basset hound that I think (I"m guessing here Shayne) was about a year old. I was standing on the front of his pontoon as we were moving through Marion spotting for stumps and his dog was standing next to me. Well I never saw it coming but the dog saw something because out of the blue he decided he was going in and I mean right now. I was standing in the middle of the boat so where the dog was he was right on top of the pontoon and when he went in he went right under the pontoon. It hapenned so fast all I could do was turn around to see if Shayne saw him go, there wasn't anytime to kill the engine so he was either coming up outside the pontoon or inside. Must have been his lucky day because he avoided the sure haircut and came up on the outside. Shayne looked at me with a grin and said well i guess he can swim. That was the first time he'd ever even been in the water. We figured he would only do that once. Now as I think about it, it's one of the funniest things I ever seen but be came close to finding out if basset hounds made good chum. ...........................Brian

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your fishing trip with your new partner. That is one beautiful dog. Keep taking him and train him to bark when the rod indicates a hit. They learn fast.