new fishing method

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, Jul 27, 2008.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ok i found a trick for fishing spilways and dams, rig up as usual with the normal big takle circal hooks .cast out in the white water but dont set the poll down, use it in a jigging fashion to make them fish mad and they will nail it, plus it will alow u to find them instead of them finding your bait, u can do this from the bank , but if thears alot of bolders below i wouldent recomed it, just thought id share this method i hooked a 70 or 80 pounder, and it pulled me in almost, drag malfunction, but it was just me there is no way i could have broght him in alone, but it was fun and im learning the ropes after three years of flathead fishing, try this sometime, you might have luck like me or i could be a fool , for trying this based off of a magazine artical

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Souns like a good technique for anchor fishing, thanks

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Sounds like a good method to me. I don't think it would work here though because of boulders. Snagged2 was telling me as we sat and had a cup of coffee that is what he does when fishing with nightcrawlers he jigs it up and down and it aggravates them and they nail it.

4. Mud Cat

Mud Cat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    sounds good to me to thanks for the tip!

5. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Sounds like it could work. I can defenitely see an aggresive fish goin for it.

6. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    a try. I might rig the no snag (HAHA) sinkers and try this below the tailrace. Let you know how it works out in a couple of weeks.

7. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I just watched the same tech the other night on television and it seemed to work for those guys.

thanks for the tip!

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    It's always good to get more ammunition in your gun belt.:big_smile: