new fish finder

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by bowfin, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm looking to get a new fish finder would l would love to get one with the side scan and gps. I have about 1500 to spend. I have read alot about them and the more I read the less i know. So if someone on this site could help me out it would help me out more than you would ever know.What i'm trying to do is have agreat cat boat so thanks a head of time.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    David,
    The humminbird 997SI is about to be replaced with the 998. There could be some good deals to be found on the 997's.
    ...W

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    David
    I'm glad you ask this because, I'm wanting to upgrade my rig also. Since I fish a shallow lake ( 40' 0r less) I want the Si model as well.
    Thanks!!!!! Winston for the insight, that could save one some serious $$$'s

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Can the new down image be added to the 997 SI unit?

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

Mickey,
    The new down imaging is supposed to be available as a free software upgrade for the 997 in the next couple of weeks or so. Apparently it comes standard on the 998.

...W

6. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't know how big of a screen you're wanting, but there is a guy that just posted a Humminbird 798 C Si with GPS for sale for $875. Thought you might be interested.

7. longliner

longliner New Member

State:
    Texas
    I ran across a killer deal on the 1197c SI combo (with transducer) for 2355.99. The site is www.jandhproducts.com. I understand you can talk to customer service if you want a 2010 model. They will try to locate one. Be careful when buying a "new" unit, I hear the stores must clear out the old ones before they can get the brand new ones. Cabelas price for the "same" unit is right at 2800 bucks. The one at Cabelas has got the 16 channel GPS. HB has installed the GR 50 GPS since Aug. 2008. If you buy a unit that has the 16 channel , its been sitting around for a while. The 2010 models will have the Countour XD Basemap pre loaded instead of the Uni-Maps. They also have a better processor. The stores dont want to come off the prices of the older "new" units. I've been saving for one, but when I pull the trigger, I'm going to make sure its a 2010 model. The costomer service # is 517-281-5284. I dont have any ties with this company. I do like a good deal and I like passing them on.