new federal law

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by uttatoo, Aug 31, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    after catrina they made a law about pets
    even pets have to be evacuated with there owners

i think its a good law what do you think

2. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I think it is a good law. Otherwise I would believe it would be animal cruelty if left behind.

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I agree with this law , you would have to question the character of anybody who would leave their pets behind.

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think that is an excellant idea, will put some people in hardships, trying to find a place that will allow animals.

My wife has an emegency plan in case of tornado, fire, ect. Each person has to round up a specific animal and meet either in the basement or outside at a designated area, she will set off the fire alarm about once a month. If you have little ones, I would suggest you do this, it at least gives you a piece of mind, knowing that they know what to do and what is required of them.

5. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    with out a doubt mine is another child to me .

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good idea, just sad to me that they would have to make this a law.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great Idea. I hate seeing animals left behind.It's not thier fault.Now if they will only enforce it.

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    they are doing it at this time in the evacuation efforts in the gulf coast

i only heard today about it on the news and all busses taking people out of there also have to take there animals also

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Its a great law. Enforcing it is another thing. I wouldnt leave without my dog, not an option.

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    OMG if anything happened and John and I couldn't get MR KITTY outta here we would stay WITH him...John would go absolutely crazy if he couldn't take his cat!

11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i agree, i wouldnt leave a pet behind

12. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Soon as I pick up my Keys my dog already at the door there ain't I would ever leave my best friend behind

13. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    It's a shame that people won't do the right thing causing our overworked lawmakers to legislate morality.:eek:oooh:

14. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Saw on Craigslist for Oklahoma a post requesting if you have spare pasture, to please leave a message, for livestock coming up from that area. So it is just not the small animals. I dont see how people can just abandon their animals. But they do, I live on the edge of the country, and I have only live there a year now, and already aquired a poodle, named "Freeway", after my wife and daught found him running down the road. I am sure he will not be the last one, oh well.

I have loaded up every animal we have and went to a tornado shelter, lol.....2 cats and 2 dogs at the time, try catching 2 cats and getting them in a crate, and grabbing 2 dogs, while the sirens are blowing.......good thing this time is I bought a house with a basement!!!! No more cat herding for me....

15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yay! you took care of it then Boomer! we are considering building a storm cellar in the back we've had so much funky weather that hit just OUR area and not anywhere else close. It gets bad here sometimes. and it sure is bad right now for some folks, let's remember them, too.

16. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Glad to see a law put into effect like this. Makes me feel good to read the posts of people who really care about their pets. I know how I feel about mine and leaving them behind in the face of a disaster is not an option.

17. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    It oughta be common sense. Also when they go on vacation they oughta provide for em or take em along.

18. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Like Albert said it's a shame this even had to be made a law. People shouldn't have to be told to do the RIGHT thing.
    But I'm glad that it is now a law because I'm sure most people would want to take their pets but may have been told by the people doing the evacuating and passing out the rides to leave animals behind. Now they have to let them take them. Good deal.
    As for me, I have an evacuation List. Things go in the car in this order.
    1) Kids
    2) Dog
    3) Cat and birds
    4) Food and Water
    5) Fishing gear
    Darn, I know there is something I'm forgetting but I gotta get outta here the storm is coming......

19. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    6) Come on Honey time to go

Guess I can't forget the wife :tounge_out:

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I too look at my dogs(we were just given a 4 month old Golden Retriever free of charge pure bred)as part of my family. I deeply appreciate this law and feel it is one that is good and strongly needed!!~~~Sister Pat:big_smile: