new fathers day gift

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by catfish slick, Jun 15, 2008.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    My son and his wife dropped by the house a little bit ago and brought me something for fathers day. I couldn't believe it, they bought me a new Marlin Bolt action 17- HMR with the bull Barrel. Man Oh Man. I have been wanting one of these for long time. now I have to get it in and and have it mounted with a scope, I am thinking Bush-nell. anyone have any advise, I know I have a 3-9-40 Bush-nell on my Ruger 10-22 And it Has treated me right. It's a nail driver. Man I cant wait to get after them Coyotes.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the gift, I wish I could offer some advice on a scope but I usually go the bushnell route as well and for the most part as long as you dont buy the cheapest they seem to treat me right. Cant wait to see some pics.

3. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    If you give an approx. price range I'm sure I can give you some good suggestions on a scope. I have never had an issue with any of my Bushnells.
    Sounds like a heck of a fathers day ent. I haven't had the pleasure offiring a 17. Let us know how it goes, and post some target pic's when you get her sighted in. You gonna use it for plunking, or do you varmint hunt?

Richard

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Phillip,I have a BSA sweet 17 on mine ,they make three different models ,they aren't too expensive and I like mine ,heck its just a rimfire anyways,no sense in breakin the bank on a scope.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Congrats on a nice father's day gift!

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Richard,
    I plan on using it for Varmints, Squirrels and Coyotes. I have just about decided to go with a Bushnell elite 3200 3-9+40 that is the next step up from the one I have on my 10-22 And It shouldn't brake the bank. Man I cant wait to get it back from the gun shop.

7. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Richard,
    for advise, I will Have a look at the BSA sweet 17's when I get to the gun shop today.

8. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I have that scope on my 22 mag, I am very pleased with it. Havent' tried the sweet 17, I'll have to look at it myself. As soon as I have some "toy money" I will probably purchase a 17 for varmint hunting . When you get yours maybe you could write a review for us. I value the opinions of my BOC bro's and sisters, and, any input to steer me in the right direction for my purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Richard