New Faces and Places

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Shanadoia, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    How many Cat men and women and children live in the Shelby and Spencer area or at least within 15 miles of Taylorsville and Gueist Creek lakes? Now is a good time to share the past years highs and lows for information to each other to better prepair ourselves for the upcoming season, "Spring". Lets get together and send some pics and tales to each other. Maybe this spring we could all have a fish-off together. I am sharpening my hooks so post to this thread and let's see what we can come up with. I personally am from Shelbyville,Ky.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice lookin boat Jim. Why wait for spring? LOL!

3. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well, i catch cold and get phewmonia too easy to be out in this cold weather. Thanks for the complement on my boat! I still would like to know if you are in this area and fish these two lakes and if so maybe you have some info. for all of us to read. Make us a movie of one of these lakes would even be better Katfshn50!!:smile2:

4. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Well, back in the day, when I used to fish for bass a lot, before I caught my first 20+ catfish, I spent a few weekends on Taylorsville Lake. I caught quite a few white bass and hybreds, casting and trolling various spinner baits. I remember, there is a point, striaght across the lake from the Possom Creek ramp, where we trolled deep running crank baits and always did well on Hybreds in the spring and fall. I have never caught any catfish to speak of from Taylorsville, but I did manage to catch a nice 4 1/2 lb. Largemouth, late spring in '04. Pic attached. I have only fished Gueist twice. I caught several bass and catfish there. The river is closer to me and it is a much bigger and diverse fishery, but it sure is tough to fish it in my little bass boat, when the wind gets up.

Attached Files: