New Experiment!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by pr1mo5, Oct 14, 2009.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    My brother lives in kansas city missouri and fishes the missouri river about 3 times a week, he told me something I wouldnt have guessed he goes and catches bluegill and/or carp then night before he goes out and cuts 3 slices in the bait on both sides going from the top of the bait to the bottom. Then he sticks a peice of fresh Garlic into the gut of the baitfish and then sprinkles the whole fish with garlic salt... Has anyone tried this? He learned this from an old timer our there. Since last week when he was told about this he has caught 13 flats under 10#, 4 around 20#, 1 that was 32#, 3 over 40# and His PB of 51lbs... And remember its much colder there then here. Anyone tried this or heard of it? Oh and he is going to sign up on here sometime when he isnt working for the union out there or fishing to show the proof!

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Sounds like a concoction that deals with the devil!!

3. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    ill try that next time. i just talked 2 some1 out east and swears u cant catch flats off live bait only cut. out here ur most likely gonna catch them off live bait. has any1 else heard the samething? ive tried every cut bait prepared bait and the only thing i can catch them on is live perch=baitfish.

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sounds like the next step is the oven then my belly

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'd have to eat the bait lol. Never tried that type of fishing altho I have used garlic before. Not really much luck at all an never noticed much difference.

6. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    Sounds like stuffing for a Thanksgiving Flathead:002: like one of those Turducken things. Flatbluecarpen?

7. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    Let me know how it tastes.

8. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Lol yeah I am going to have to try itcatch 5 bluegills before I go and do ythst to them then catch all the rest later tie 2 with the cutbait and do 2 with live bait!!! Yeap its got me motivated to try it for sure! And no I dont have a 4 pole stamp my wife goes with me!:smile2:

9. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Well if it don't work at lease you will have something to snack on.Just throw them on the grill:smile2:

10. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I place garlic in chicken liver, and it seems to do pretty good, but I have never tried it without garlic so I am not sure if it really works better. I have never caught anything over 5lbs using chicken liver. Let me know how it goes.

11. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i put da garlic salt on da chikin shrimps an dey work good.

12. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Huh??? What the heck is chicken shrimps?

13. aces70#er

aces70#er New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizon
    i use wd-40 on hot dogs, shrimp, worms and have thinking about using it on live bait for flat cats.

14. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    lmao just like dude said be4 i dont really catch nothin big or any flats.

15. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    livers An shrimps i shoud read it before i post lol

16. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I mean what is going to happen me not get a fish??? Ok I have done that the last 50 times out!!!

17. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    My dad caught a 10lb flat on a piece of shrimp.I had to believe it because I'm the one who netted it..:embarassed:..he laugh at me the rest of the night saying I told you so :smile2::smile2:

18. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    My PB of 10 lbs was on the tail half of a gill! Ive never had a bite on a live gill!

19. mertanu

mertanu New Member

State:
    arizona
    ok i heard and seen lotat stuff like

1) black liquirish drives the bass crazy therefor is illegal in texas
    2)dw-40 on menows kills the crapies watch out for EPA
    3)feanch fries only only from mcdonals will catch big carps and buffalo fish
    i use to fish for big blues what we catch them on was blues belly cut squares and that will do it and 1 inch round steak from eels. live bait only on flats otherwise is pure luck or he is starving

20. mertanu

mertanu New Member

State:
    arizona
    primo u will man do as i did no1 wanted to tell me where are the"honey holes" and i found them keep going have the right rig and bait and u will get them