New England Firearms-Heritage sidekick 50 cal. muzzleloader

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by TNVOLCAT, Aug 14, 2006.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was wondering if any of you have this gun or could give me a review of them. Cabelas started carrying them a couple years ago and I've been interested in getting one since, but haven't heard much about them. I'm interested in the stainless model. I believe it's priced around $260. They look to be a well made gun and what I like about them is they operate much like a T/C Encore 50 cal. but are half the price. Any info appreciated thanks!

Here's a picture:

Attached Files:

2. BIGCATMIKE

BIGCATMIKE New Member

State:
    illinois
    i've shot a few of there shotguns and i thought they were ok

don't know about muzzleloader

kind of a cheap brand , don't expect to much

SORRY

thompsons center oncore is the only way to go for muzzleloader

3. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    There muzzle loaders are OK. In firearms I always look at it in the way of MOST of the time you get what you pay for. I have 2 of their shotguns a 12 gauge and a 10 and all in all they do there job. I use the 12 as a camp gun and the only reason I got the 10 is just to say I have one. As far as muzzle loaders go I like Knight muzzle loaders. They cost more but you never know when your going to get that once in a life time shot. I don't think they are a bad gun just make sure you get the most bang for your buck.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It sure is a good looking gun. I know nothing about them. I like the new TC pro hunter but was schocked at the price...over 800.00 I just couldn't believe it. If you get on let me know how it is. I have been thinking of getting one but wouldn't shoot it much if I had one. I like shootgun hunting.

5. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have 1 of these, blued. it is very solid, very simple, and very heavy for it's size. it shoots well out to 125 yards. it is easy to clean. i bought it for my wife last season, we both killed deer with it . i woud say if you don't want to spend alot of money, go for it.
    catwacker

6. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I have the blued model and shoot 100gr of pelets and have good patterns. I feel confident out to 125 yards fordeer. Shot a coyote last year about fifty yards.

Extremly easy to use and clean. I can clean it in about 10 minutes. The primer holers are big enough to handle with gloves when it is cold.

I like it and it has never failed me yet.

I do suggest trying the powerbelt bullets. I had the best luck with those.