new e-cat vs. old e-cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bream reaper, Jun 19, 2009.

1. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Has anyone compared an original e-cat to the new run. Are they identical in action and components?

2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i bought one i like it... i'm mot sure how the old ones are though never looked at one

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I haven't seen the new ones but I own 4 of the original models,two #4s,one #3,and one#2 and they are the Bomb.If the new ones are as good you will be happy with them. The only issue i have ever had was i had an insert pop out of an eye on one of my number 4s and them rods have landed a ton of catfish.J.D.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Not sure, but I think the older model E-Cats had stainless guides and the new ones have titanium guides. I had an old model E-Cat #4 that I sold to my brother-in-law. This rod was awesome and I caught many nice cats with no problems! Plenty of backbone. From what I've read about the new E-Cats vs. the old models, it should be a really close comparison to the quality and components of the rods.

5. Promaxx

Promaxx New Member

State:
    maryland
    These made by berkley???

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    So nobody out there that has the old ones has bought and tried the newer ones yet? Come on guys, give me some details. I'll buy two more if they are as good as the old ones.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Mankind has 4 of the new ones, 2 #3's and 2 #4's. He used to have the old ones also. He says he loves the new ones, I've casted them a couple times and they are sweet!
    I'll send him a link to this thread and tell him to give his input.

8. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i had the old #3s and loved them, i now own3-#3 and 2#4s they are as good as the old ones in my opinion.i've been hooked on the e-cats for years as far as i'm concerned its the best cat rod made off the shelf.