New Dude

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KentE, Mar 29, 2006.

1. KentE

KentE New Member

State:
    GA
    I get to post a new thread! Hooray!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Name is Kent and I am a 'public fisherman'. That means I don't have a boat that requires an engine :) I do have a kayak and several canoes. I spend alot of time bank fishing, public access.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to do more fishing this year. Life is short and I don't want St. Peter eyeing me at the pearly gates and asking why I didn't do more fishing.

I'm in North Georgia. I'll be fishing below the Lake Blue Ridge Dam. I'm also going to try to do some Striper fishing in or around Lake Nottely, in BlairsvileI, GA. (I know nothing about Stripers). I've done a bunch of fishing in smaller creeks and rivers nearby, with light tackle, and caught all sorts that other people weren't after. I catch alot of trout but I'm not really a trout guy. In fact this year, I don't think I'll even get a trout stamp.

The heaviest tackle I have is an ABU 6000 and a medium action 7' Berkley rod. I'm pretty sure that will handle anything I tie into around here.

I've been sifting through the archives. Man! What a wealth of info...

My tip for the day: I'm sitting here looking at my new Berkley 7' LighteningRod and wondering how it will travell. You can get a small nick from bumping your rod around and it creates a weak spot. What I'm going to do is use a piece of the foam you would use to insulate your water pipes, and a few zip ties. Maybe a Crown Royal bag to cover the reel?

I

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Allow me to welcome you to the BOC and to give you your rep points for the tip.

This truly is the best place in the world for Catfishermen.

Sal:cool:

3. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    welcome, mate! hope you enjoy your stay here at the BOC!

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Welcome Kent to the BEST fishing site on the net!!!!

5. khershey

khershey New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    :) Welcome to the BOC:)

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    welcome to the BOC, we are the largest catfishing community on the planet, hope you enjoy your stay.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Welcome to the site!!

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Kent, may you catch many fish this year.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member.

10. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Welcome to the BOC, Kent. I went to school in Macon for a few years. Great winter weather. Be sure and check out our Library. There is tons of good info there. :0a25:

11. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Kent, Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net! And thanks for the good tip. Thats what this site is all about.

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Welcome again Kent.:)

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Welcome buddy, glad to have you here.:)

14. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Welcome Kent enjoy the site!

15. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    What's up new Dude ? Welcome aboard. I used the "new dude" cause ya did. Howdy from Texas Kent.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Enjoy your stay here.

17. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Welcome to BOC kent and let me tell yea. There is no such thing as a new dude on the BOC . There are only some that sighned in before others did.:rock-big: :grin-big:

18. KentE

KentE New Member

State:
    GA
    Well, you guys sure are a friendly bunch. Glad to be here. I will slowly find my way around the site, I'm not a computer guy.

Man, all of this brings back memories of fishing in South Texas when I was a kid. Still the biggest cats I've ever caught. We lived in the Freeport/Lake Jackson area. Fished an oxbow lake I can't remember the name of. Used to bug my mom to take me to a spot on the San Bernard river, it was nearby.

I'm excited about this Spring. Going to focus on the Lake Blue Ridge dam, for cats, some above it some below. Lake Nottely is nearby and has stripers, which I have never fished for, need to do a little research there. My family is in East/Central Alabama, I may do a little fishing on the Tallapoosa River.

I'm going to make time, and recruit buddies, for some night fishing. But a lot of what I do is going to be around dusk, after work.

Kent

19. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kent, welcome to the BOC. Always great to see another brother join. That means someone else to help others out. Looking forward to reading your post.

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, Kent.