New Driftmaster T-bar Systems

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by JRA, Mar 2, 2007.

1. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Has anybody tried the new Driftmaster T-5000 or T-4000 T-bar systems? They don't seem like they are just for crappie any more. One picture shows using the bar to run downrigger rods on it (not, however, the downriggers). I'm thinking about one of these for the rear of my boat. Here is the web page: http://www.driftmaster.com/Other.html. The web page for using the T-5000 for downrigger rods is here: http://www.driftmaster.com/Media.html. I am hoping to get a review from someone who uses these for big game. On a crappie site that I frequent, they have already tested them for spider rigging and long lining, and they seem to work pretty well for that.

2. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is a nice looking setup. I am curious how strong the sytem is and When you get a bite on one rod I wonder if every rod looks like it is getting bit?

3. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The holders look good. I'm just leary of the round rod that they are clamping the holders to. After time and a little wear I'm afraid the clamps would slip allowing the holder to drop forward and there goes your rod!!:angry:
    I would much rather have a square tube to clamp the holders to.
    Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.

Ask Tea about loose rod holders.

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Here is the rod holders and bar I built for my boat. I have only 4 driftmaster holders on the bar as that is all I need. (this picture was taken while I was restoring my boat)

Attached Files:

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yea, Jim. Those don't look like they will work loose. Thanks.

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fish, I hadn't seen this before. That looks like a lifetime product

Nice work
    Danny

7. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Fish, that's a good looking setup, I honestly beleive that you could hang a pickup truck from uni-strut & all- thread

8. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice setup it kinda looks like mine I used square tubular steel and welded mine.