New dock livewell

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Dec 2, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well i took my little fabrill bucket down to the dock yesterday and only expected to catch some gills for cattin but to my suprise the waters where gray of 1000s of shad. each cast i was getting 12-18 shad each. i got usta not having my bait die on me ( gills r hard to kill) but the shad didnt last long at all...(with an even 8 in the bucket ) there was a guy i saw a while ago and he used a collaspable cloths hamper but it had a solid bottem and killed them off pretty fast too:confused2:.

i decided to make my own bucket after seing guys using the (dip nets) with a 6oz sinker in the middle to hang it down enough to use it as a livewell too... ( for constant filtration )

1 is the 60 9/16 holes i put 1X1 on the bottem
    2 the other hole i put to keep it folating around the dock
    3 is the 4ft rope to hold it

theres more in the next comment guys :wink:

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
  2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    4 is the regular bait net stuck into the swiffer floor mop and a glob of epoxy
    5 is the 4 ft net handle that screws together ( water noodle for cheap insurance):smile2:
    6 is everything all in the bucket for easy storage/transportation :wink:

floats around the dock and you never have to get your hands wet getting your bait :cool2:

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i had enough shad to fill up 2 inches in the bucket when i pull it out of the water and level it

best part is not even 1 died lastnight :wink:

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    looks like a good setup. we used to have a chicken wire 'box' with foam in the lid for storing shad. they would stay alive for quite awhile, at least till we got out to the setlines.