New Deer Hunter

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by TX Fisherman, Mar 25, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    my dad finnally said i could go deer hunting next season cause i finnaly got my hunters ed, and we set up when w/ my dads friend, he has 2 sons one about my age and were good friends, i go out to there property alot and i was wondering some edicit on going, dont wanna be rude.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Try and do some work for em if they'll let ya. A couple of my friends let me hunt any time I want and every time I go down there Im moving hay around or digging ditches for an hour or two in the afternoon or whatever they need done if anything. Take some food with ya, brownies, cookies, jerky, soda or whatever. A couple of em Ill take some 12 gauge shells for em, just let em know you appreciate it. Help clean up or butcher the deer whether its yours or not and just have fun. Congrats on getting to go.

3. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Dont drive in when it is muddy. Make sure no trash is left behind. Offer them Venison. Help them do their chores(maybe cut their grass?). Just be as polite as possible and thank them. Respect their property. Thats just some things I practice.

4. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Treat them like you would want to be treated if you let someone on your land. It is very hard to find good places to hunt so respect there property like it was your own. Have fun and offer to help when ever you can. Good luck