New Dam Rule On Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shrimp Man, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was fishing on Moultrie about a month ago, I decited to go tie up to the walkway at the dam, I ve caught many nice fish there in the past, I Tied the boat and had just baited all my lines when the security guard came out and told me that Santee Cooper had a new rule and that no one was allowed to tie to the wall anymore, So I picked up and moved. I was there again this past Monday, I did'nt go to the dam to fish, However I did notice two boats tied to the wall. Does anyone know anything about this new rule?
    Eddie

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Eddie, Welcome to the BOC, hope you enjoy it here.
    As for tieing up to the wall, a lot has changed since 9/11. They don't want anyone tieing up there. Any boats you saw there may have been waiting to transfer through the locks, or possible some on SC's boats. You may get a free bait permit from SC in Moncks Corner that allows you to go inside the buoys in from of the dam to catch baitfish only. We used to fish like you, but it's not allowed anymore.

3. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Tommy,
    Thank you for the welcome, I have catfish running through my blood, and I find this site very informative.
    You know the show on speed channel called Car crazy, I wish the outdoor channel had one called Cat Crazy.
    Eddie

4. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    Yep, I remember going right up to the grates and fishing freely...after 9/11 they put those buoys out...I think they have moved them closer to the dam in the past few years.

5. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    In last year's Hill's Tournament,the team that won stayed tied to that wall all night!The menhaden were in plentiful supply in front of the bouys,we filled 2- 48qt. coolers with one cast of the net.They are just as much bait outside the bouys.As far as tying up to the wall,different security guards will tell you different things.Fish will be on the wall if they have the lights pointed toward the water.