New Crossbow

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by derbycitycatman, Jan 4, 2006.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Im looking into getting a crossbow for next year and got a few questions. They seem to be going on sale now. Ive heard the longer the arrow the better accuracy. Is a scope needed? How many pounds of draw weight are needed? Im not looking to get the meanest thing out just something to hunt with thats reliable.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A horton yukon package is a good deal, on a very good crossbow..Check them out...Persoanlly I would get a horton.

3. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I was looking at that package today and its in my price range, $230 + shipping. I may look into getting a used one also.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I personally dont like a scope on a crossbow..The site pin on the yukon works well, and I have good accuracy out to 30yds..Best at 20-25 yds.

5. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Im also looking at the explorer xl 150 package. But Im with you, I dont know if I need or want a scope on my crossbow. Do you use any devices to help cock it. Ive heard if you go up to 200lbs its a good idea to get one, though Im wanting to stay at 150. Is 150 about the beginning of hunting weights?

6. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I have a 150lb draw weight cross bow, I never really shoot it because here in the state of South Carolina you have to be so many percent disable to hunt with it. I have shot it a few times in the yard and it seems to be very quick, I would recommend using a device that help you draw the strings back.

chris