Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would never have went out horse shopping, but this one just came to me. Wish I could share pics. He is an absolute beauty. All white with a bay head and dark tail.

My sister bought him for her boyfriend and turns out he is not as broke as they thought. I have been working with him and he has improved 100 percent. My brother-in-law has since bought a good kid broke horse so I am the proud new owner of this 3 yr old painted arabian. I always wanted an arab.

This one was on his way to the killers when we crossed paths. Such a good sensible horse I can't imagine him going to dogfood. So happy to have the opportunity to work with him. Even if I can't afford to keep him, I can help through his fears to find a good home.

I'll try to post pics.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put the driving reins on the colt last weekend and drove him all around the property.

This weekend I hauled him to the lake for his first trail ride. It was an adventure. Getting him in and out of the trailer was something else. Once we got there we just about sunk in a bog trying to get to water for a drink, had to crawl through belly deep driftwood to get out of the bog.

He did excellent though. Good thing or he probably wouldn't have made it . It was the school of hard knocks. I havent been out to that property in awhile. Poor baby, he went through the ringer and came out like a champ.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds good Melissa, I have been slowly thinning my herd. Just matched up a TWH with some Kids who needed a calm horse for them to learn on during Play days. I kept my 2 Mules, I think mules are just full of personality! Lucy is 27 and Rides and pulls a Parade Cart which is a blast. Tessie is 10 or 11 and is a good trail mule. John

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This weekend I am taking Little Horse back to the lake. Different spot on the other side. We'll have about 1200 acres to ride on between private propery, public hunting and it all ties into an equestrian campground with trails.

I'm super excited about it. What better way to scout some hunting land for future use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts