new clumberland pool, ohio river???

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by formula383, Jul 21, 2008.

1. formula383

formula383 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I tried to do some scouting on river but weather hampered that, anyone got some spots or ideas to share? Thanks.

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    the meldaul dam is a great spot its on the ohio side and is a great spot for blues and flats alike

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    There's this spot just north of the bridge on the right side of the river, where the this big tree hangs out over the water. LOL.

But seriously, I hear there's good fishing below Brown Island.

4. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    fishing the new clumberland or pike island dam is a wise choice,or a creek mouth.finding shad may help you out as well.

5. formula383

formula383 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the help, I only have five posts so cant reply except like this. Anyway, I live about 70 miles from the river and thought maybe fishing the bigger river would be interesting. The new cumberland pool is closest drive for us. I mostly fish for flatheads and didnt seem to find alot of good spots like im used to fishing in the muskingum and tuscarawas rivers around home? also thought of going the extra distance towards maybe marietta area to hunt for monsters?
    :wink:

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Wayne, I was just trying to be funny with my answer. I caught some nice Flats just below Pike Island last year and there are a few decent spots just north of Rayland. Harmon Creek on the WV side at Steubenville has produced a few, but nothing over 20#.

7. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    harmon creek at one time used to be very hot, big shad would pile up in the mouth of the creek and we used to snag about 30 just lure fishing for white bass. the last time i seen them in there that heavy was 2 years ago. lure fishing that spot isn't as great as it used to be dont really why. it is a really popular spot so people must be still catching good fish. a fire burning there just about every night so it get catfished hard.

8. formula383

formula383 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ya, i did however find a good spot at a tree on the other side of the river. Anyway sorry we couldnt make it to tourny, schedule conflicts didnt had me tied up. Anyway look forward to seeing the results and hope u had a good tourney. That part of the river seemed sort of dead, found some good night fishing spots. cya at the salt fork tourney though