NEW CIRCLE HOOK BY Daiichi

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by FLATHEAD STEVE, Jan 11, 2008.

1. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have found a new circle hook that in my mind will change live bait fishing in a wonderfull way. The new bleeding bait circle chunk, it is a wide gap circle hook that has a barb on the inside of the shaft reducing the chance of your bait getting off or impaling itself on your main hook point. let me know what you guys think.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have looked at this hook and agree with you , I have not tried it.I would buy them and give them a try. Looks Good.

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've been using the Circle Chunk Light (D84) for several years and highly recommend them. I think you are looking at the D95 hook.... my concern about that is the small gap between the point and the shank, and the overall hook size. Those pictures are real sized 10/0 and 12/0 hooks, and that gap may not be sufficient for the jaw plate of a bigger catfish.

Another hook to consider is the Team Catfish TC84Z, which is basically the same hook as the Daiichi Circle Chunk Light D84, but a little cheaper. The Team Catfish hooks are also available from one of our sponsors here, Catfish Safari.

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    ARE THE D84 STRONG ENOUGH FOR 30-60 LB FLATIES

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The D84Z is my favorite hook. One of the best things about them is they help eliminate the bait from double hooking itself, common with a lot of circles.
    Yes they will hold any thing you hook. Daiichi is a sponsor on here also. Check there link on the main BOC page.

As Gary said another hook to consider is the Team Catfish TC84Z, basically the same hook as the Daiichi Circle Chunk Light D84Z, but a little cheaper. The Team Catfish hooks are also available from one of our sponsors here, Catfish Safari.

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Like Troy said, they are plenty strong. The "light" in the name scares people off I think, most people would not consider this a light wire hook.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    They work great for both live and cut bait.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    If you want a even heavier made hook try the 13/0 Daiichi D75Z circles.
    They are more of a true circle hook and you can pull your truck out of the mud with these babys....

9. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :eek:oooh: troy i believe earl found that bottle of moon shine again !!!! now i know why he asked me if my dad still raised feeder pigs i think he was looking for bait:crazy: i said no he sold all of them earl said thats ok i got 3 canadian geese left to put on the hooks.