New Chum idea

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by chris45601, Jul 13, 2006.

1. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ok, I'm goign to try my hand at this chum thing im not sure how to get the chum out into the water but i will play it by ear. Heres my idea (Feel free to shoot me down at anytime)

-Week old chicken liver That has been sitting in my Suv
    -Dead bluegills Sectioned up
    -cornbread mix
    -old cheese
    -Hen Scratch

What do you guys think?

2. rat fink

rat fink New Member

State:
    illinois
    are you going to grind chop blend ? if you leave it as is the fish will fill up os chum not on the bait and thay wont bite

3. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I dont know if you want to leave the chicken livers in your SUV that might be a disaster.

4. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:
    Dude, if we ever get the opportunity to fish together, we'll take my truck.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Soouds ok. Are you going to cure the chicken feed? I think I would. Its pretty easy just takes a little time. Fill up a bucket about 3/4 way add two beers and water are yeast and water put the lid on and set it in the sun for about a week. make sure you "burp" the bucket are it will volcano on you. after about the third are fourth day add your other ingredients chopped are ground. One the last day it'll be ready.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i think I'd hurl if I caught wind of that stuff.

7. Jackfish

Jackfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I haven't spent any time chumming, is it worth the effort? does it draw the little ones in or do you still have a shot a nicer fish?

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

it will pull in the smaller fish which is supposed to pull in the larger fish. The feeding sounds along with scent attract the fish.

9. jaycat

jaycat New Member

State:
    Waterloo ,NY
    ive used Week old chicken liver before the only thing i got was stinky hands and some bull head lol

10. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I think it is lunch time

11. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Sounds like overkill to me i would just use soured corn no need in gagging yourself.

12. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man o Man, never heard of such stuff as having to use rotten bait to get a fish. Wheww, i don't think i'll be on the same lake much less than in the same area with this chum... Anyway, i have used gizzards and not with much luck but i am going to start trying some jugging and may use them. Good fishin everyone and dont even email me some of that chum, please.:0a18:

13. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Try sweet feed or just sour some wheat or other (wet)grain in a bucket.

14. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    soured soybeans or corn I know has to smell better then that. Man with a chum like that might even scare the fish off, or at least make them go on strike or something.

15. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Whatever you wanna do man, more power to ya. I sure wouldn't ever leave any sort of bait in my car for a week, especially in this heat, you'd have cookin livers in there after a couple of hours.

16. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Woa man that's going to like rot your hands off your body. Just get a 5 gallon bucket and put some dog food/cat food in it put lake water in it. let the chum swell up. Toss that stuff in the water. It already has cheese, fish stuff, and everything in those dehydrated mixes. I put this stuff in panty hose and bait my bream traps with it. I catch carp, bream, and bullheads in the trap. So you know the fish like it. Just take my advice I am confident on this one.

17. G-Funk

G-Funk New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Have you been able to try this out yet....I was curious as to how effective it worked for ya. I might be willing to try it out if it helps out that much...Thanks

18. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Man, Would you actually eat a kitty that tried ta eat that stuff?????? Just getca a cast net, cuttin board, and a good sharp knife, Catch ya sum shad, cut um up inta pieces to small for eatin, and toss um overboard. Sets up a nice slick, do some cipherin. then toss your lines, baited with shad of course where you figure the chum will be hittin the bottom.The current will take it down away from the boat, I do this every time I go out. Keeps my freezer full, of kitty's justa dying ta be turned loose in Lake Crisco. Iffn ya go with your recipe, Good Luck.... Let us know how it works, and what you used ta get the smell out of your SUV.......:bad_smelly:

19. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I'm positive that catfood works for a great chum!

20. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Well let us know the results of whatever you try.