New Char-Griller-Duo for Easter

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Netmanjack, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Look what I found in my Easter basket! lol.
    These things are great. It only took me 3 hours to assemble it too! lol It weighs a ton and is very solid. This one should last me twenty years. All the grates are cast iron and porcelain covered, the burners are stainless steel. No more rust, Hallelujah!
    This baby's got the best of all worlds. Can you believe 1,500 sq in of cooking area? and a side burner lol what army?.........Gas, Charcoal, and I added a smoke box. I have only used the gas part so far and the temperature control is awesome. I have never had a grill with vents in the cover and it improves control dramatically. To day I'm giving the smoker a try. Just a small chicken to get the feel of it. I've got real charcoal and apple wood so it cant come out that bad. Ultimately I would like to do killer brisket so any advice on operation or recipes would be welcome.
    Can you tell I'm excited about this thing. :crazy::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i'll be @#$%^ !!LOL I got one too!!! For an easter "present":eek:oooh: 5hrs assembly:wink: Ours is gas with smokers, burners, grills, a little side pot:wink: Dam thing looks like a lot of work ......now if ya ask me Jack the perfect easter gift would have been an ABU-6600 or a 8ft Betts cast net!!!:smile2::tounge_out::wink: enjoy!!!!

3. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    BBQ Ribs

Recipe Created By: Tim Atwell
    Serves: 4 - 6
    Prep. Time: 3:30
    3 - 5 lbs. pork spare ribs OR baby back ribs
    Grill Mates Pork Rub (or what ever spice you like)
    1 Bottle of Pale Ale (or any beer) or ½ can of Pepsi
    1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (Master Piece Original)
    1 Jar of Apricot Preserves(SECRET INGREDIENT)
    1 or 2 large oven bags

-Wash ribs off with cold water, rub ribs with dry rub or spices, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hrs, Place ribs in a large oven bag(s), and pour ½ the beer or Pepsi in bag without spilling it (DO NOT WASH OFF SPICES), drink the other ½, place tie on bag. Put a couple small slits in the top of the oven bag. Set oven to 325’ put ribs on a cookie sheet and cook for approximately 1hour and forty five minutes – two hours check to see if ribs are starting to pull away from bones, if not cook a little longer. You will have to play with the time depending on the type of rib and size of ribs cooking times may vary.
    The Sauce
    -In a saucepan over medium-high heat, place a cup ½ of BBQ sauce .Open the Apricot Preserves spoon out approximately three inches from the jar into the saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally; melt ingredients together (DO NOT BOIL) once melted together remove from heat.
    Once ribs are done remove from oven and from cooking bag(s).

Grill ribs over moderately hot coals or a medium-high flame, basting with the sauce and turning often, until well browned. You also may finish them in the oven.
    Notes: This is an excellent dish for a barbecue party. Make the ribs in advance, and when your guests have arrived, all that's left is to grill them. You'll have them wondering how they got so tender and tasty so fast.
    Good Luck!