New channel catfish record in NC

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by cat'n around, Aug 20, 2008.

1. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
  2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

3. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wow, mine lasted almost a year. I wish it could have lasted a little longer than that, but now I guess there is a new target weight to go after.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Anybody can catch one that big if they use a Hot Pink Barbie Doll rod and reel and use black crickets. Believe it or not, that is what it was caught on. I just got thru reading the news release by the News and Observer.

5. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Check out the NEWS and OBSERVER in the morning I just got off the phone with them. They wanted to interveiw me and get my reaction on my record being broken. I told them that it was as if I was fishing for a shark and caught a giant gold fish. The lady had no idea that the blues and flats that I was after were so much larger than the channel.

6. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    this record will probaly be broken every year or every other year for a few years..............mack.......21 wont last long......

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thats an awesome fish! Congrats to the guy that caught!

Was he at least a BOC member?

8. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
  9. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Very nice piece in the News and Observer, too bad Leah Friedman misquoted me again. When I explained that I use heavy gear in hopes of catching an 80 to 90 blue or flathead, so catching the channel the gear was just overkill. When I told her that she didn't even know what a blue catfish or a flathead were, so this morning I sent her a nice thank you email at the "Not so Observant" and even attached some pictures to educate the lady. Man I hate reporters!

10. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    they only hear what they want to hear, and print what you didn't say.